Radice

General pipe discussion
Sasquatch

Radice

Post by Sasquatch »

What do you guys make of Radice pipes? I just got a 2004 oil cured twin bore, and I love it. It smokes itself. One of those magic pipes (now I got 2 in about 40). The bore is huge, almost an inch, so it's a day's work to smoke it. It hangs perfectly, the draw is really smooth.... just a very comfortable good performer right off the bat.

ALL YOUR PIPE ARE BELONG TO US!
Nick

Re: Radice

Post by Nick »

Radicci are darn nice pipes! I love their underwood finish
mathias65

Post by mathias65 »

honestly, i think the thing looks like it has tumors. don't think i like it too much. sorry.
jmahaffy

Post by jmahaffy »

I think it's classy, and have always felt that the roughened, textured finish gives a slightly cooler smoke because there's more area exposed for dissipation. I sure don't think you've gone wrong with this one.
SchmidtN

Post by SchmidtN »

That stem/shank def screams, "SAS!!," to me... the bowl looks like it's bubblin' lava IMSO, so if you like it who am I to say it looks silly?
Hello, I'm #1312.
That's a really big number.
Joe Hinkle Pipes

Post by Joe Hinkle Pipes »

I thought they stopped doing the twin bores? Or was it oil curing? Or am I crazy?
wmolaw

Post by wmolaw »

Sasquatch wrote:What do you guys make of Radice pipes? I just got a 2004 oil cured twin bore, and I love it. It smokes itself. One of those magic pipes (now I got 2 in about 40). The bore is huge, almost an inch, so it's a day's work to smoke it. It hangs perfectly, the draw is really smooth.... just a very comfortable good performer right off the bat.

Never smoked one, but am waiting for one to be delivered that I got on e-bay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BEAUTIFUL-RADIC ... true&rt=nc

I'll let you know.
Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch »

You got a good deal there.
ALL YOUR PIPE ARE BELONG TO US!
d.huber

Post by d.huber »

Sasquatch wrote:You got a good deal there.
No kidding. I've got a Clear FFF (yup, 3 Fs) listed right now. I sure hope it goes for more than that! :?

I've owned a few Radices and they're totally fine. I don't think their stems are very comfortable and they've all had gurgling issues. However, they've all delivered excellent flavor. A pipe cleaner down the airway usually fixes things. :)
http://www.dshpipes.com

"Strive for excellence, not for what someone else accepts."
-Tyler Beard
wmolaw

Post by wmolaw »

d.huber wrote:
Sasquatch wrote:You got a good deal there.
No kidding. I've got a Clear FFF (yup, 3 Fs) listed right now. I sure hope it goes for more than that! :?

I've owned a few Radices and they're totally fine. I don't think their stems are very comfortable and they've all had gurgling issues. However, they've all delivered excellent flavor. A pipe cleaner down the airway usually fixes things. :)
Never did get back re: the Radice I bought. It smokes great, except, as you note, the stem is not comfortable. I am going to take it home (have it at work) and work on it just a tad. Otherwise, a great smoker and I haven't experienced a gurgle in it, yet!
wisemanpipes

Post by wisemanpipes »

dear god I hate that rustication! however, I do really want to get a radice. everyone says they smoke better than ashtons (both being oilcured) and I need to see for myself. btw good luck David, I have several Dunhills Ive restored and nobody is willing to touch my rock bottom prices. ebay is fucked up.
cmueller

Post by cmueller »

I have one Radice but I'm not too sure of the craftsmanship. Inlay rings fell off the stem as soon I took the stem off to inspect it. But I got it for retailer cost so I just fixed it and it smokes well.