Table Top Pipe Stem

For discussion of fitting and shaping stems, doing inlays, and any other stem-related topic.
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Re: Table Top Pipe Stem

Post by KurtHuhn »

Ocelot55 wrote:Is the black fabric stuff around the hose the braid reinforcement I see on the McCaster Carr site, or is it separate?
Don't get the reinforced tubing. It makes it very inflexible. That black stuff is flexible mesh sleeving - also available from McMaster-Carr. :)
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com
Ocelot55

Post by Ocelot55 »

KurtHuhn wrote:
Ocelot55 wrote:Is the black fabric stuff around the hose the braid reinforcement I see on the McCaster Carr site, or is it separate?
Don't get the reinforced tubing. It makes it very inflexible. That black stuff is flexible mesh sleeving - also available from McMaster-Carr. :)
Thanks Kurt! :thumbsup:
JonBood

Post by JonBood »

How did it go with this mouthpiece and tubing, any success?=)

/Jon
Ocelot55

Post by Ocelot55 »

I am embarrassed to say I haven't had time to tackle this project yet. :oops: I've had the stuff setting on my counter for weeks now.

I'll post a pic. as soon as I get it finished. I'll make an effort to get it done this weekend.
JonBood

Post by JonBood »

Hehe, no hurries on my account man=)
DaninDayton

Post by DaninDayton »

I'm late to the show on this one but, I had Tim West build me a tabel top pipe, he called it a calumet, with a push fitting into the pipe and a push fitting on the mouth piece and 6 ft of 3/8ths surgical tubing in between. The tubing is uncovered and has a tendancy to stain. When it gets real nasty, I just replace it.
DaninDayton
ilurkalot