Japanese Ebonite Part Duex

For discussion of fitting and shaping stems, doing inlays, and any other stem-related topic.
oklahoma red

Re: Japanese Ebonite Part Duex

Post by oklahoma red »

Thanks Jens. Sounds just like briar, you never know what you'll find until you get inside.
Chas.
RadDavis

Post by RadDavis »

oklahoma red wrote:Thanks Jens. Sounds just like briar, you never know what you'll find until you get inside.
Chas.
Well, that shouldn't be so for ebonite.

Rad
Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch »

I can't think of a single time I've had to change out an (German) ebonite stem because of a material flaw.... probably 150+ stems.
ALL YOUR PIPE ARE BELONG TO US!
Charl

Post by Charl »

Got some rods from them this week. I made only one stem so far and it looks OK. It is a bit softer than the German, with no "striations" like somebody said earlier and polishes cool. I haven't bend one yet, but will let you know as soon as I do.
wisemanpipes

Post by wisemanpipes »

i recieved some a couple weeks ago. 6 meters and it looks great. i got the unpolished stuff but like previously stated it is tad soft. it shines up nice though. you cant beat the price. only issue is that they offer no cumberland or colour swirls.
evan
Vermont Freehand

Post by Vermont Freehand »

Nikko does offer a style of cumberland, but it only has 5 swirls inside it (instead of the usual 8 swirls). It is not as defined as the NYH, it is more like the SEM, but is very pricey. If anyone want a few inches of it to try, let me know. The cumberland takes a shine like you wouldn't believe!!
wisemanpipes

Post by wisemanpipes »

i stand corrected, i checked their site after i read your post steve. i guess i skipped right over it. i woulda got some if i wasnt blind as a bat.
evan