Peterson Style Spigot Parts

For discussion of fitting and shaping stems, doing inlays, and any other stem-related topic.
baiguai

Peterson Style Spigot Parts

Post by baiguai »

I love the Peterson spigots (with sterling on both the shank and the stem), like in the pic below. Is anyone aware of a supply house that sells the components needed to implement such a spigot? I would like to make a cutty with a spigot like that.

LatakiaLover

Re: Peterson Style Spigot Parts

Post by LatakiaLover »

baiguai wrote:I love the Peterson spigots (with sterling on both the shank and the stem), like in the pic below. Is anyone aware of a supply house that sells the components needed to implement such a spigot? I would like to make a cutty with a spigot like that.
Such metal parts aren't ready made, they are spun on the component being covered. (The metal starts as a centered disk, the part is turned, and the metal bent/formed over it while turning with tools designed for the task.)

Spinning is a whole separate hobby. Difficult to do well, and takes many specialized tools and processes.

Your best bet is probably to scavenge metal bits off junk pipes and re-use them.
UFOs must be real. There's no other explanation for cats.
caskwith

Re: Peterson Style Spigot Parts

Post by caskwith »

George has got it covered there.