Stainless tenon question

For discussion of fitting and shaping stems, doing inlays, and any other stem-related topic.
mredmond
Site Supporter

Re: Stainless tenon question

Post by mredmond »

George, just like I read into your comments more than I should have, I think you did the same. I'm not nearly as sensitive as my comments may have implied. I know that I don't know you and I don't think what I intended came out quite right. Initially, I was just trying to stick up for somebody and I certainly didn't mean for you or anybody to think I was attacking them. There are quite a few regular members here that have come to know me personally, and I'd like to think they would vouch for my character in that regard. In hindsight, I should have left it alone and kept my mouth shut, knowing that the possibility of conflict and hurt feelings was high. I made a mistake and I'd do it differently if I could. I think one of the "stingers" you mentioned wasn't from me, by the way. I hope you'll accept an apology and reconsider leaving the board. With a couple days of reflection I've learned some things, as well. Chiefly, don't read too much into other people's comments, especially after a long, frustrating day at work. I really appreciate your perspective and knowledge of pipes and genuinely believe you bring a lot of value to the forum.
mredmond
Site Supporter

Post by mredmond »

p.s. I very rarely engage in forum controversy and the thought of being responsible for a valued forum member leaving is not something I take lightly. I'd be up for a chat, etc, to clear the air if you're interested. Just let me know.
fiddlestix

Post by fiddlestix »

George, I'm not gonna lie, I feel a little bad for starting this thread at all. I have figured out, in my short time here, that there are certain fellas that I really hope reply to my questions, in that they obviously have years of experience that translates in to an incredible knowledge base. You're definitely one of those guys. That's not to say that I don't appreciate advice and comments from guys that don't have quite as much experience, I certainly do. You pretty much all have more experience than me. But there is more weight given, in my head anyway, when I know that the giver has dealt with the subject matter that I'm dealing with for years and years and has a reputation to back their words of wisdom. I will hate to see you go.
Ocyd

Post by Ocyd »

"(Board, that applies to you, too.)"

Eh?!? what did I do? The week seemed to start off so well too.
sandahlpipe

Post by sandahlpipe »

George,

I do apologize for my remark you perceived as a "stinger". I intended it purely as a joke, though I see how it was inflammatory in hindsight.
---
Fail early, fail often. Your success depends on it.

Jeremiah Sandahl
http://sandahlpipe.com
LatakiaLover

Post by LatakiaLover »

Figured I should make a final check before lights out, to make sure everything was communicated as intended. Good thing I did. My "board, that applies to you, too" comment referred only to the line above it---best wishes---not the entire post. Sorry for the confusion, Ocyd.

As for the rest, I thought simply disappearing without a word would be rude, so wanted to explain myself. It boils down to being finished with forums of any kind, not just this one.  Written communication is too one-dimensional for substantive exchange between a mixed group of people without drama and bullshit cropping up from time to time, and I no longer have the energy or patience to deal with it.

Take care,

George out
UFOs must be real. There's no other explanation for cats.
Nate

Post by Nate »

Alden wrote:Nate, you're alright. But Premal does it all creepy.
And by all means, please DO brush Micah and Thomas. My arm gets tired.
:D
LatakiaLover

Post by LatakiaLover »

P.S. --- My bowing out of the ForumWorld doesn't mean I've given up on pipes in general or any of you guys in particular. I'm just limiting myself to email, phone, and face-to-face (shows) from here on out. PM me for my email and/or phone if you're so inclined. (putting them on the public board is bot bait, I've discovered... they recognize formats)
UFOs must be real. There's no other explanation for cats.