Revival and levity

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
Spit'n'Whittle

Revival and levity

Post by Spit'n'Whittle »

So there I was, perched on my barstool at the pub. I drew out the buffalo scrotum that I use to keep my tobacco and pipe and began to pack the bowl of my first handmade pipe. The shiny darlin' sitting to my left saw the "soft fuzzy thing" laying on the bar and picked it up, as they do.

Her gentleman noticed my pipe and began to inquire. "Thats cool. Where did you get it?". I looked up from underneath the spacious brim of my cowboy hat and proudly told him, " Made it myself...Yep..went down to Home Depot and bought a Dremel, some sand paper and a can of polyurethane". Laugh if you will. I look back and laugh a little too. That pipe looked like Ned's ass (whoever Ned is) and was built about the same. Not a straight line or a bit of even stock on it. About that time his lady fair asked what the fuzzy thing that she was holding was. I matter of factly divulged that it was a set of buffalo testicles. She shreiked, dropped my scrotum and knocked her fellas beer over in the shock of it. True story.

Since that day, with the help of this forum, my pipe making has progressed in leaps and bounds. This site is such a technically astute source of information for this quirky little hobby. I thank you all for your contributions and one day soon I'll post a pipe of mine for critique.

Since that day in the bar I have noticed several other guys my age (mid 30's) who have taken up the pipe and quite a few at work. Things come and go and I think the pipe may be ripe for a revival in my generation. Guys are getting back to being men, growing their beards long and such and IMHO, the noble pipe fits right in. Lets all hope so.Also a happy veterans day today to those who served and "Thanks".

S'n'W