Stamp Modification

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
shikano53

Stamp Modification

Post by shikano53 »

I ordered a stamp from Infinity Stamps located in California. Because I misunderstood what we/us/me were trying to communicate I ordered the wrong stamp. Here it is below. Was nigh onto impossible to manipulate, at least for me I despaired of ever being able to use it. However, my son-in-law is a heavy duty mechanic so I showed it to him, told him what it was for and asked if he could do something with it to make it usable. It cost a lot.

This is what he brought me the next day. He rounded off the edges and put this T-handle on it. It works great.

DocAitch

Re: Stamp Modification

Post by DocAitch »

Neat!
Tell me about ordering, I am at that stage now.
DocAitch
"Hettinger, if you stamp 'hand made' on a dog turd, some one will buy it."
-Charles Hollyday, pipe maker, reluctant mentor, and curmudgeon
" Never show an idiot an unfinished pipe!"- same guy
shikano53

Post by shikano53 »

DocAitch wrote:Neat!
Tell me about ordering, I am at that stage now.
DocAitch
Hello Doc,
Here is the link to Infinity Stamps
http://www.infinitystamps.com/oscommerc ... ucts_id=77

I found them great to deal with and great customer support. The name of the person I dealt with was 'Roddy' but I am sure they can all help you just fine. The stamp is made out of what he told me is A-2 Tooling steel. I added the PDF file of the single stroke fonts they designed specifically for the purpose of producing sharp-face stamps. (I think I attached the file correctly) Of course you can choose any font you want and they also make custom graphic fonts as well if you want a graphic on your stamp. I went with the Ohio Script font. The cost for mine was $180.00 USD Pricey I think, I've never ordered anywhere else so I can't compare even though I did a lot of searching and reading here.
Anyway good luck.
Chris

Roddy

Infinity Stamps, Inc
8577 Canoga Ave.
Canoga Park, CA 91304
http://www.infinitystamps.com
Roddy@infinitystamps.com
Office: 818.576.1188 ext.321
Fax: 818.576.1166
DocAitch

Post by DocAitch »

Thank you very much. I will explore this this week.
DocAitch
"Hettinger, if you stamp 'hand made' on a dog turd, some one will buy it."
-Charles Hollyday, pipe maker, reluctant mentor, and curmudgeon
" Never show an idiot an unfinished pipe!"- same guy
scotties22

Post by scotties22 »

I got my stamps from Buckeye Engraving http://www.buckeyeengraving.com/. They cost me about $90 shipped and it took about 2 weeks. Just drill a hole in a golf ball or billiard ball and epoxy the stamp in. Buckeye makes great stamps and has for quite a few pipemakers.
Am I Calamity Jane or Annie Oakley??...depends on the day.
www.ladybriar.com
oklahoma red

Post by oklahoma red »

I am definitely NOT knocking the quality of their work which appears to be excellent. One of the reasons you paid so much is due to the untold number of "propositions" that California is so famous for. Complying with this myriad of BS drives up the cost of having a business there. I don't know how small businesses manage to survive in that climate. Product packaging these days is most likely to include some sort of statement about the product contained therein to be risky to use as determined by the fanatics/zealots in California.
Today's comment on the sad state of our nation is now concluded. I will now stow away my soapbox and go make one of those uber-dangerous smoking devices.

A search of the forum archives (if you've not already done so) will yield good info on stamps.
shikano53

Post by shikano53 »

I guess I didn't search diligently enough, but I will definitely bookmark buck eye engraving. Ah learning curve! My bin of reject, misshapen, wonky and fugly pipes is filling up. Someone told me give yourself a two year learning curve before even considering selling something. Argghh! I'm rapidly loosing what little hair I have left and will soon look like the above mentioned billiard ball or a grapefruit more likely. I have managed to learn a vast new vocabulary of swear words that I didn't know existed and yesterday as I was swiping a number one needle file across my leg to clean it off it poked through my jeans and jabbed a hole in my leg. Thank God my tetanus shots are up-to-date. She Who Must Be Obeyed is giving me the dreaded and feared grandma look and making comments about so-called supplies and their cost and sleeping in the garage AKA my shop.
Ratimus

Post by Ratimus »

If you don't already have a huge beard, grow one. Then print up some t-shirts evoking skulls/pipes/mototcycle imagery. Get on social media. Post pictures of the wonky pipes, perhaps alternating every fourth post with a picture of your newest rainbow-galvanized clown face shaped brass knuckles ostensibly disguised as a keychain or beer opener. Make sure to tag every post with #everydaycarry. Those pipes will sell like hotcakes
Ryan Richardson
R2 Pipes/Ryan's Luxury Goods

Post by mightysmurf8201 »

Ratimus wrote:If you don't already have a huge beard, grow one. Then print up some t-shirts evoking skulls/pipes/mototcycle imagery. Get on social media. Post pictures of the wonky pipes, perhaps alternating every fourth post with a picture of your newest rainbow-galvanized clown face shaped brass knuckles ostensibly disguised as a keychain or beer opener. Make sure to tag every post with #everydaycarry. Those pipes will sell like hotcakes
This is the secret to success in this business :lol:
#shellaclivesmatter

Emmanuel Atilano
https://www.instagram.com/atilanohandmade/
caskwith

Post by caskwith »

Ratimus wrote:If you don't already have a huge beard, grow one. Then print up some t-shirts evoking skulls/pipes/mototcycle imagery. Get on social media. Post pictures of the wonky pipes, perhaps alternating every fourth post with a picture of your newest rainbow-galvanized clown face shaped brass knuckles ostensibly disguised as a keychain or beer opener. Make sure to tag every post with #everydaycarry. Those pipes will sell like hotcakes
There is so much truth in there it isn't funny. :cry:
LatakiaLover

Post by LatakiaLover »

The good news is trends and fads are temporary by definition, while pipe smoking---and pipes that stand on their own---are timeless.
UFOs must be real. There's no other explanation for cats.
pipedreamer

Post by pipedreamer »

Sad that something as wonderful as pipes has an image now of so many wrong turns in our society!!!
Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch »

Dude if you're hanging out with us.... you've made a wrong turn.

:(
ALL YOUR PIPE ARE BELONG TO US!
shikano53

Post by shikano53 »

Well, don't have a beard. I enjoy the twenty minutes every morning shaving with one of my straight razors. It keeps me focused for the rest of the day. I'm trying to find something though that controls ear hair. I have more hair growing out of my ears than anywhere else.
I wonder if Round Up would work?
pipeguy

Post by pipeguy »

George is right this to will pass it's unfortunate though that it's our passion and hobby
That is the medium. :cry:
"I never knew how empty was my soul untill it was filled" Arthur
http://www.clarkpipes.com