something different, a billiard

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
notow1

something different, a billiard

Post by notow1 »

This is exciting, a new billiard. Anyhow I would appreciate any advice and critiques. The next one will be something different, thanks, Norm.ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
sandahlpipe

Re: something different, a billiard

Post by sandahlpipe »

Looks pretty nice! The stain looks even and the fit and finish look pretty good.

On the shape, I think the taper on the shank is just a degree or two too much. Also, there should be just a little bit more heel than what you have. Aside from that, I think you're really close to making a perfect billiard. You've come a long ways since Chicago.
---
Fail early, fail often. Your success depends on it.

Jeremiah Sandahl
http://sandahlpipe.com
pipedreamer

Post by pipedreamer »

SAWEEEET! All I can say is, : I helped raise that boy!!
Joe Hinkle Pipes

Post by Joe Hinkle Pipes »

Nice shape. I totally agree with whats been said. I will add that the stem from the top view looks pretty wavy. Take a file and make the sides flat or taper very slightly toward the button. The other thing that sticks out is the shank. It looks very oval-shaped. Try to make them roundon all sides by turning the stem while sanding.