Almost ashamed to post this....

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Almost ashamed to post this....

Post by KurtHuhn »

The recent volcanos from Brad and Jeff have got me second guessing this one, but here goes:

However, it lasted all of 5 minutes (no, really!) after the announcement email went out, so perhaps I'm being a little hard on myself. The new owner should be recieving it Monday or Tuesday.
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com
ckr

Post by ckr »

Hey you, back in the boondocks,

You got nothing to be ashamed of, that is a great looking volcano. Looks about to blow it's stack ... reminds me of my ex - no let's not go there.

Very nice work and there is nothing wrong with being hard (driven) with yourself.
Fumo in pace :pipe:
sethile

Post by sethile »

Very nice, Kurt! Nothing to be ashamed of there, my friend! I know what you mean though, the Volcanos are really heating up here lately :roll:

Congratulations on the quick sale.

I've been hoping to try a volcano sometime soon, especially after all these beautiful examples. You guys have sure set the bar high though!
Scott E. Thile
Collector, smoker, and aspiring pipemaker.
http://sethilepipes.com
Sysop: http://pipedia.org
---------------------
bugsy

ashamed

Post by bugsy »

if you are that ashamed of it....you can send it to me....it would be the pride and joy of my collection...NICE............bugsy
LexKY_Pipe

Post by LexKY_Pipe »

Wish that one wasn't sold. :(
Craig

From the heart of the Blue Grass.
Lexington, KY

loscalzo.pipes@gmail.com
Nick

Post by Nick »

Damn, that is one uuuuggly pipe. If I'd made that one, I'd have to keep it myself.

Kick ass bud. I like the way you worked some irregularity in to the shape of the base.
josh_ford

Post by josh_ford »

I just finished a volcano as well but unfortunately I AM too embarrased to post it :oops: Yours, however, is spectacular. great work. Is the inlay acrylic? Ivory? Great work.

Josh
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

Thanks guys. That shank inlay is ivory.

I just grabbed another block, and set it aside for yet another volcano. I've done a lot of these lately though, so I think it's time to move on after this next one. I haven't used bamboo in a long time....
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com