My 2 latest

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
munkey

My 2 latest

Post by munkey »

Here are my latest 2 pipes. Both are going to my dad for Father's Day and his birthday later this month. He is an occasional cigar smoker that my brother and I are going to introduce to pipes. The rusticated pipe is a 2nd that I finished in order to give him a bit more of a rotation to try the tobaccos we'll be sending along.

sethile

Post by sethile »

Very nice, Scott! I especially like the Liverpool. Introducing your Dad to pipes sounds like a great project. I'd love to be able to share pipes with my Dad.

My Dad went cold turkey from 3 packs of Kents a day to hating everything associated with tobacco with a passion. I think reformed addicts are the worst :roll: Needless to say, we don't talk a lot about my pipe making, which is a shame as it's a huge part of my life. Oh well, at the rate he was going he's certainly better off if it had to be all or nothing.

Hope you, your brother, and your Dad can enjoy a good smoke. My middle son and I enjoy a bowl or two together when he visits, and it's wonderful!
Scott E. Thile
Collector, smoker, and aspiring pipemaker.
http://sethilepipes.com
Sysop: http://pipedia.org
---------------------
James Sunderland

Post by James Sunderland »

very nice, did you find it to be a little more tough woking on a classic shape? in any case you nailed it. I'm sure they would have sold fast but nothing beats a handmade pipe for a gift. my b-day 4/16 :lol:
sprangalang

Post by sprangalang »

Those are real nice. I always liked the Canadian/Lovat shapes for smoking, as well as the look.
I think your Dad will get a kick out of it.
-Jeff
munkey

Post by munkey »

Thanks for the kind comments, guys.

Scott - Given your dad's previous habit, it is hard to fault him. However, I'm with you: All things in moderation, or is it "All things in moderation, including moderation."? :)

James - I wouldn't say I found it more difficult working on classic shapes, though I think I am still finding my eye for them. I based the blast on pipes my dad liked when looking online, rather than my own preferences, which lean more to the Danish take on classical shapes.