wish I didn't have to rusticate (and I didn't!)

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
bscofield

wish I didn't have to rusticate (and I didn't!)

Post by bscofield »

continuation of the other thread, sort of... I didn't end up rusticating that other pipe. The flaws are visible, but the contrast stain helps. Here are some shots:

LatakiaLover

Post by LatakiaLover »

Simply gorgeous. Your sense of line, balance, and shape is noteworthy. The little "rodent nibble" on the rim is incorporated so well that it would almost look funny if it wasn't there. Lovely color and finish work, too.

Five stars. :D
UFOs must be real. There's no other explanation for cats.
hazmat

Post by hazmat »

Beautiful pipe.. LL's right about the rim-shot(ba dum bum).. I didn't notice it until I read his post! Good stuff.
Nick

Post by Nick »

Very nice!!
GbpBulgaria

Yes it is wonderful

Post by GbpBulgaria »

I dislike only that part at the bottom of the end of the shank. Maybe it should be more round or this is illusion from photography

Looks perfect!
Thumbs UP!
Nick

Post by Nick »

Ahhhh. I see what you're talking about Gbp. With the top flair and bottom rounding on the shank, the pipe looks as though it should be bent more. But when you look for that bend in the shank as a whole, its not there, which confuses the eye a bit. Still, this strikes me as purposeful, and not accidental.