finishing touches on another one tonight...

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
bscofield

finishing touches on another one tonight...

Post by bscofield »

There's light at the end of the tunnel for me! 4 done, 6 to go. Several in fair stages of completion and 2 left to be drilled.

Here's the other that I finished tonight (did not start tonight, mind you):

LatakiaLover

Post by LatakiaLover »

That's about as good as that concept can be done, I think. And like the other, the rustication adds to, rather than diminishes the piece.

What's the overall size? The narrow chamber/thick walls would seem to indicate the pipe is either huge, or quite small. That it isn't clear which (if either---maybe it's just normal) when seen in isolation, speaks highly of your sense of proportion. Excellent work, bscofield. 8)
UFOs must be real. There's no other explanation for cats.
bscofield

Post by bscofield »

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the pipe is HUGE. The tobacco chamber, for reference, is .75". Overall, I'd say the pipe is about 9 inches long, give or take an inch.

For the compliments (on both pipes) LL! And, FYI, since you mentioned it on both pipes, both of them have natural pleatuex (sp?) surfaces exposed on the rims rather than hand-done rustication. Wasn't sure if that's what you meant in the other post or not.
LatakiaLover

Post by LatakiaLover »

I wasn't sure if it was natural or added, then finally decided that its perfect placement argued against its being natural. It LOOKED natural, but I figured that anyone with your chops could pull that off with a Foredom... the position just seemed too sweet to be luck, though.

Excellent maximization/utilization of the block, to be sure.

Keeeeep 'em coming! :D
UFOs must be real. There's no other explanation for cats.
Nick

Post by Nick »

Awesome! I love your use of plateau. Ane the line down the back is a really great way to break up the work. Great job!

I gotta get myself a BS pipe pretty soon. Before the prices go through the roof.
bscofield

Post by bscofield »

Nick wrote:Awesome! I love your use of plateau. Ane the line down the back is a really great way to break up the work. Great job!
Ya know I saw that line (the one that doesn't exist :wink: ) in that picture as well... it's really just a real sharp line in the lighting... felt the pipe there too, smooth as a babies bum. Must have been the lighting, IMO. No lines down the front. Not bad looking in it's imaginitive state, though, eh?
Nick

Post by Nick »

LOL! Well, when you make another, you can add that in. All in all, a very Tsuge-ish piece.
bscofield

Post by bscofield »

Nick wrote:LOL! Well, when you make another, you can add that in. All in all, a very Tsuge-ish piece.
Ya know, I thought that too. Not sure what made me think it. I'm not necessarily a fan... I've seen his pipes before (they're everywhere). I wonder what gives it that feel...
Nick

Post by Nick »

bscofield wrote: I wonder what gives it that feel...

Ohh, I don't know....

magruder

Post by magruder »

I saw Ben's latest pipes in KC and they look very good.
He had a couple that just begged to be smoked.
My compliments to you,Ben.
Keep'em coming.

Best,
Steve Morrisette
Karol

Post by Karol »

Nick wrote:...a very Tsuge-ish piece...
very true, what a beauty.