Mindong style carving pipes

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
Mindong

Mindong style carving pipes

Post by Mindong »

If you want to know more about our pipes, please visit our website, the address is http://www.pipesdo.com

Nick

Post by Nick »

WOW!
LatakiaLover

Post by LatakiaLover »

It's just traditional Chinese ivory carving done on a piece of briar.

(I didn't mean "just" in a dismissive way, understand, the skill required is amazing. I only meant it has been around for thousands of years.)

Pretty wild, huh? You should see an entire elephant tusk done like that. There are a number of museums and even high-end Chinese restaurants that are filled with glass cases of ivory carvings. In fact, visiting one would make a worthy and interesting field trip for any aspiring pipe maker.
Bill D

Post by Bill D »

The carving is beautiful. Just masterful. I am curious, how many hours does it take to carve one of those? Thanks for showing them here.

Bill
Mindong

style ?

Post by Mindong »

Dear LatakiaLover
Very good。you have good imagination.
And my pipes remind you of the distinctive Chinese culture,such as ivory carvings,other arts,and China history.
These are just what I like most. And I try my best to put them into the design of my pipes.
Now my carving pipe is not just a tool of smoking,but also a delicate art which may please you. And of cousre it now has a distinctive character, people can easily tell them from other

It's not difficult if you really want to learn to making art pipes. Just Practice makes perfect.
But how could you make your pipes outstanding and differ from other pipemakers'? My idea is to add Chinese art into my design . And now people can know they are my Chinese style pipes at the first sight. That's just what I need indeed.
Style means that others can tell your pipes via your distinctive style instead of the logo on them. What I need most is that people can distinguish my pipes from others at the first sight even if not see my logos. And that's called style.
Nick

Post by Nick »

Just awesome. Your pipes are definately on my short list.
Mindong

Post by Mindong »

Dear Bill D

This is a .heart-stirring and an unbelievable art. I need the result. It takes 8 months to get inspiration design and make three pipes. I try my best to make each work of art creative, and my art is different form Denmark’s Italy's…..I want to create arts with nation characteristic. Iwill learn from them if Isee some Denmark pipes which Ilike and make some. Just only make one or two.And this is just what I do when I have no inspiration. If I have good thoughts and inspiration,making awork of art is very happy for me. It just takes me about 30 days