Pipe Senatorov #-37

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
Senatorov

Pipe Senatorov #-37

Post by Senatorov »

Today has finished here such billiards, a ring silver of 925 tests. www.senatorov.lv
Pipe Senatorov
www.senatorov.lv
wdteipen

Post by wdteipen »

Another nice pipe. My only criticism is that I prefer a thinner bit. I'm envious of your finishes and that silver band is very nice.
Charl

Post by Charl »

Ditto! And I also like the silver ring.
kbadkar
Site Supporter

Post by kbadkar »

Your work is fantastic, but there are a few things that caught my eye. The curve of the front of the bowl is in sharp contrast with the straight angle at the back of the bowl. The bottom of the bowl seems to drop lower than the lowest part of the shank. This may be intentional, but a traditional billiard (stubby/chubby's too) has a straight bottom line. This is related to the previous comment, but the shank bottom is not in a straight line with the bottom of the bowl and stem/shank junction. I think it would look better if it were all on the same plane. It could just be a photographic illusion, though. Also, it appears that the bottom of the stem is bulging slightly and curved compared to the top, which appears straighter. I think better symmetry there would be more pleasing visually. Again, this may be a photography thing.
clifton

Post by clifton »

really like the silver ring... brings a very unique look to the pipe... where did you find such a ring?
A piece of God's Workmanship,
Clifton Phelps
pennsyscot

Post by pennsyscot »

I dig the cubby look. The ring looks as if it might have been a piece of jewlery. I might try attaching a small size ring to the shanks of one of pipes. Nice work as usual.
Senatorov

Post by Senatorov »

kbadkar wrote:Your work is fantastic, but there are a few things that caught my eye. The curve of the front of the bowl is in sharp contrast with the straight angle at the back of the bowl. The bottom of the bowl seems to drop lower than the lowest part of the shank. This may be intentional, but a traditional billiard (stubby/chubby's too) has a straight bottom line. This is related to the previous comment, but the shank bottom is not in a straight line with the bottom of the bowl and stem/shank junction. I think it would look better if it were all on the same plane. It could just be a photographic illusion, though. Also, it appears that the bottom of the stem is bulging slightly and curved compared to the top, which appears straighter. I think better symmetry there would be more pleasing visually. Again, this may be a photography thing.
Excuse that long did not answer, has been occupied work. You are right, but it is visible only on a photo, in live it it is not visible.
Pipe Senatorov
www.senatorov.lv
Senatorov

Post by Senatorov »

clifton wrote:really like the silver ring... brings a very unique look to the pipe... where did you find such a ring?
I have bought a ring in jeweller shop when walked on shops.
Pipe Senatorov
www.senatorov.lv