New One

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
billiard

New One

Post by billiard »

So check it out, my lovely daughter gave me a brand new Zippo lighter! Take a look:

Well I guess you can't really see the engraving on it in the above photo, so here is another one:

Still not coming out well, so let's try a close up of that lighter:

It's a great lighter, It's a normal sized Zippo even though it looks a little small next to the 9" pipe in these pics. I dig that the lighter is all nice and shiny just like the aluminum tube inside the shank in the pipe it's pictured with.

As you can see, this lighter has all sorts of class as in this next pic you cannot even see the lighter as it is hiding in shame and embarrassment since the slot is not as wide as I should make it in this next pic:

I guess that's all the pics my new lighter wants to stand around for... so here is a pic of Polka Joe:

Thanks for looking. Let me know if you like my new lighter!
Bill
The Smoking Yeti

Re: New One

Post by The Smoking Yeti »

Love the lighter!

However, a tip from one photographer to another- use more visually appealing props when you photograph lighters. Random chunks of wood aren't the best idea. :twisted:

Cheers!

Yeti
My pipemaking stream of conscience/ website:

http://yetipipe.tumblr.com/
wdteipen

Post by wdteipen »

Polka Joe is THE MAN. Pipe's not bad either.
Wayne Teipen
Teipen Handmade Briar Pipes
http://www.teipenpipes.com
billiard

Post by billiard »

The Smoking Yeti wrote:use more visually appealing props when you photograph lighters. Random chunks of wood aren't the best idea. :twisted:
Well since it is a pipe lighter I was going to show it next to one of my estate pipes... but that would have meant I would have to clean a pipe. I'm not cleaning a pipe. That's why the drugstore has Grabows, I smoke 'em for a week, throw 'em out, and then buy a new one. So an old log and that nasty big chunk of wood will have to do!

+ Thanks Wayne :)