Give the wife a "Trip" sale!

What to buy a used tool? Looking to sell some extra stems or inlay material? Post your buy, sell, or trade requests and advertisements here.
smokindawg

Give the wife a "Trip" sale!

Post by smokindawg »

A little back story first....... so hang with me!

My wife was diagnosed about 6 years ago with Lupus. She worked for 10 years fighting the symptoms and set backs before they finally figured out what was causing all her problems. This all has caused her extreme problems both physically and mentally. Some days she can't even get out of bed or does and then ends up right back in bed. She has constant pain and has had damage to many of her organs that continue to get worse. There is no cure, only management.

One of her doctors went as far as to tell her "You need to get your affairs in order as I think you can only expect another year or so of life!" I have to tell you, that was a major hit, both for her and myself. She worried even more for the next year following his advice. But she never gave up and here we now are 3 years later and while she has her good and bad days, she is still hanging in there. None the less it puts a stress on my time as I spend most time at home doing most everything both in the house and out doors as well.

But, all that being said, life goes on and we are meeting all the challenges as they come along.

The above is the point of my post........... When young she says she had a dream that she would not live to see 40. Well here it is and next January she will make 50. I want to do something special for her and need to get started now on the money it will take too do that special thing for her. Still not sure what I am going to do but it needs to be big. I'm actually thinking either a cruise (She's always wanted to go on one) or an across country trip as she always enjoyed traveling and seeing new things. Traveling is painful to her if extended so I'm leaning toward the cruise.

I travel for work and have slowed a lot with the added responsibilities at home so money tends to be of short supply. Another reason I'm making this post. I have to come up with funds some where.

I have been accumulating pipe making supplies for several years before other things took up too much time for me to make pipes and now have a lot of stuff. I still don't have a lot of time for pipe making so think it's a good time too sell off most of it too finance this big celebration of sorts.

I'll list the types of stuff I have as well as a approximately how much I have and then anyone interested can give me an idea of their possible interest. I'll have to do a little research as too the prices I'll have to ask for these items as well but wanted to post up and see if there is any and how much interest there may be.

I won't be selling it all as I do enjoy making the occasional pipe when I have time.

All this being said, here are some of the things I have:

1) Approximately 50 blocks of Algerian briar in a mixture of mini and small plateaux. It was what was rated as Tassili when I bought it about 5-6 years ago. SOLD

2) about 30 pieces of white bamboo and about 5 of what I call black.

3) 2 meters of 22mm black SEM ebonite (Minus about 1 1/2-2" SOLD

4) 2 meters of 20mm black SEM eboniteSOLD

5) 1 meter of 22mm cumberland SEM ebonite (Cut in half) STILL HAVE 1/2 METER

6) about 200 premade stems of different shapes and lengths. I also have a handful of acrylics but will have to look to be sure of what colors.

7) Several pieces of horn, some ox and some of what may be buffalo as I am not quite sure what they are but I can post pictures. SOLD

I'll also be selling off a bunch of aged tobacco, about 1/2 in tins, 1/2 in canning jars and all with between 5-7 years aging time on them. There is quite a mixture.

I'm sure I'll come across more stuff as I dig down in my shop. I'd really like to sell as much at one time as possible and will price it accordingly. My time is pretty tight at times for boxing, taking it to the P.O. and shipping it.

None of this will in any way effect my making pipe jaws as I'll still be making and selling those.

So, if your possibly interested in the above and want to help me make my wife's 50th as special as I can, feel free to PM me your interest. I'll try to get pictures up in the next day or two so that it will give you all a better idea of what I have.
Last edited by smokindawg on Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pipe Maker in the Making!
smokindawg

Re: Give the wife a "Trip" sale!

Post by smokindawg »

All briar sold pending payment!
smokindawg

Post by smokindawg »

Briar bought and paid for.

I still have everything else for sale...... And a long way off from a cruise! :lol:
Midnightpipes

Post by Midnightpipes »

Greetings. I know it's been so mete since post but curios if any items were still up for grabs.
smokindawg

Post by smokindawg »

I don't have much of anything left........... I'd have to look thru my shop and see. I did keep a few things as I may want to make a pipe or two some time.