Selling A LOT of pipe making tools and supplies

What to buy a used tool? Looking to sell some extra stems or inlay material? Post your buy, sell, or trade requests and advertisements here.
akr

Selling A LOT of pipe making tools and supplies

Post by akr »

Hey everyone,

The last couple of years have been very busy, with a lot of life changes and not much pipe making. So when I started to do some winter cleaning of the shop this month I decided that it was time to sell my pipe making equipment.

I am going to be posting it in this thread as time allows, but if you are looking for something specific feel free to send me a PM and we can talk. I have any tool you can think of that is used to make pipes, and I still have a lot of great materials left including german ebonite and briar (the highest quality that Mimmo cut specifically for me, and it is all at least 5-10 years old by this point).

First come first serve :-).

Best!
Adam Remington
Last edited by akr on Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
akr

Re: Selling A LOT of pipe making tools and supplies

Post by akr »

First up are spoon bits:

I have a set of the original Todd Johnson spoon bits. They are 18, 19, 20, and 21mm. They are the best cutting spoon bits I have ever tried. Asking $350 for the set.
TJSpoonBits.jpg
(97.2 KiB) Downloaded 34 times
I also have a set of Brad Pohlmans second run of spoon bits. They are straight wall 11/16, 3/4, 13/16, 7/8, and a tapered 7/8". Also asking $350 for this set.
BPSpoonBits.jpg
(80.23 KiB) Downloaded 34 times
I really like to have both the Todd and Brad sets. By using multiple bits together you can get absolutely any profile of tobacco chamber you want for any pipe.

Finally I have a 19mm Ken Lamb spoon bit (it was the one I started with and I really like the profile), and a pointier 3/4" that I don't remember where I got it from. Either of these is $50 each.
MiscSoonBits.jpg
(96.3 KiB) Downloaded 34 times
Also, for $20 I have the hand shaped drill that I use as a pilot drill before I drill with the spoon bits.

PM me if interested!
Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch »

ALL YOUR PIPE ARE BELONG TO US!
akr

Post by akr »

OK, so pretty much everything has sold except for my VFD shaping/sanding/buffing motor setup.

It is a 1-1/2 HP Baldor SuperE motor hooked up to a VFD to control the speed. It is hooked to a box of switches set up for all the best pipe-making speeds for shaping, sanding, buffing, etc. It is currently wired with a plug for 240V, but the VFD can run a 1-1/2 HP motor on 120V as well (however, it would be near the limit of a 20 amp breaker if you set it up this way). A Beall arbor is attached to it for quick changing all of the shaping/sanding/buffing stuff. Motor never slows down no matter what you are doing, I have set up a similar system for a number of other pipe makers over the years and they all love it.

Asking $600 + shipping, although I imagine picking it up could save a bit of money since it is pretty heavy.