woodcraft briar

A place for businesses to post advertisements selling the raw materiasls for pipe making. (Briar, stems, rod stock, exotic woods, etc.)
thejayrob

woodcraft briar

Post by thejayrob »

I'm at my local WoodCraft and noticed they are now selling briar. They don't know where it is coming from or anything else about it. They are selling it for 19.99 a block all ebauchon. Anyone know anything about this stuff?
Http://jrobisonpipeco.com

"You have experienced a lifetime of smoking in 72hrs. What did you expect?" (Seinfeld) Moderation is the key to anything. Well, except how many pipes you may have and how much tobacco is in your cellar.
sandahlpipe

Re: woodcraft briar

Post by sandahlpipe »

Sounds expensive to me. I'd buy from Steve Norse. You can know exactly which country it comes from and what kind of quality to expect and you'll get a much better price.
---
Fail early, fail often. Your success depends on it.

Jeremiah Sandahl
http://sandahlpipe.com
Alden

Post by Alden »

Overpriced, very small blocks and too dark to see anything about the grain. You decide!
thejayrob

Post by thejayrob »

Thanks for the input guys

"You have experienced a lifetime of smoking in 72hrs. What did you expect?" (Seinfeld) Moderation is the key to anything. Well, except how many pipes you may have and how much tobacco is in your cellar.
thejayrob

Post by thejayrob »

I did a little more research and found that www.cormarkint.com is their distributer. I understand that it is expensive. I just thought it was interesting that woodcraft found that it was going to be profitable for them to carry briar. Evidently they have been getting enough request to carry the stuff.

pipedreamer

Post by pipedreamer »

They carry some good tools and other woods of interest, Penn State will follow soon, I'm betting.
socrates

Post by socrates »

pipedreamer wrote:They carry some good tools and other woods of interest, Penn State will follow soon, I'm betting.
When Woodcraft opened it's store on Oahu it was as if Disneyland came to town. Have done a lot of business there since then. When there I walk every aisle, shelf , wood storage area, wood scrap barrel and seldom leave empty handed. Haven't been there in a long time though. Guess I will have to visit my old friend lol.

Sent from my HTC0P3P7