Bamboo in China

A place for businesses to post advertisements selling the raw materiasls for pipe making. (Briar, stems, rod stock, exotic woods, etc.)
Spence Pipes

Bamboo in China

Post by Spence Pipes »

i contacted the fellow in China about bamboo and briar, just to get some prices. He replied several days later, and told me it would be very costly to ship briar, and that he sold it mostly to his country. And the shipping for bamboo was a bit high I thought. I got the impesion he did not want to sell me briar, although he advertised it in the forum.
kkendall

Post by kkendall »

I think he is right - you will do better getting briar from a domestic source. And it appears that the briar prices are on the rise. If you get his bamboo, and spread the cost of shipping across several pieces, it isn't that bad.

-Kim
Frank

Post by Frank »

kkendall wrote:If you get his bamboo, and spread the cost of shipping across several pieces, it isn't that bad.
Try to get a bunch of guys to buy a batch of bamboo together. That should reduce the overseas shipping costs per person, bearing in mind the receiver will have to repackage and reship to the other contributors.
Regards,
Frank.
------------------
Grouch Happens!
People usually get the gods they deserve - Terry Pratchett
Spence Pipes

re

Post by Spence Pipes »

That's what I was thinkng. When I get ready to order, I will ask ariound and post it. I only know of myself and Ronnie B. here in Nashville that have a use for it.