Group Ebonite buy

A place for businesses to post advertisements selling the raw materiasls for pipe making. (Briar, stems, rod stock, exotic woods, etc.)
sethile

Re: Group Ebonite buy

Post by sethile »

My rods arrived today too. Thank you very much, Wayne, it's great to have a little supply laid back. I really appreciate all the work you put into making this happen!

Scott
Last edited by sethile on Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scott E. Thile
Collector, smoker, and aspiring pipemaker.
http://sethilepipes.com
Sysop: http://pipedia.org
---------------------
wdteipen

Post by wdteipen »

My pleasure fellas. I'm glad to see rods arriving so I can stop worrying. Parcel Post isn't the most reliable means of delivery but the cheapest. I'll feel better when they all arrive safely.
Wayne Teipen
Teipen Handmade Briar Pipes
http://www.teipenpipes.com
Joe Hinkle Pipes

Post by Joe Hinkle Pipes »

To ease your worries, I should let you know i received my rods. I turned a few stems directly after finishing an acrylic stem. The german ebonite turns, sands and buffs much better than acrylic, or any other stem material i have used. even cutting the slot is a smoother operation. the only drawback i can see is that the cumberland made the shop smell like a mixture of burnt rubber, dog turds, and some sort of meat byproduct. i think its growing on me though. thank you very much wayne!
RadDavis

Post by RadDavis »

fuchi_jeg wrote: the only drawback i can see is that the cumberland made the shop smell like a mixture of burnt rubber, dog turds, and some sort of meat byproduct.
You must have gotten some from a bad batch. Was it a "stewy, sewer gas smell"? Ebonite is supposed to smell like fresh flowers. I'd send it back for a refund, and buy some from SEM.

Consult with Ernie Markle. He will confirm this.

Rad
Leus

Post by Leus »

RadDavis wrote:You must have gotten some from a bad batch.
Awww. I miss Mike too.
staffwalker
Site Supporter

Post by staffwalker »

Got mine today, Wayne, good job and thanks. bob gilbert
Tyler
Site Supporter

Post by Tyler »

Received...thanks Wayne!
Joe Hinkle Pipes

Post by Joe Hinkle Pipes »

Thats right! thanks for clearing that up rad. I forgot it was supposed to be stewy sewer gas. I guess i dont have an "artist's" nose. Smells like bad bacon to me. I am leaning toward feeling bad for ripping on a guy that can't defend himself, I would like to think he is reading this with a smile on his face thinking how nice it is to leave a positive impression on all of our minds. But probably not.
SimeonTurner
Site Supporter

Post by SimeonTurner »

I'm glad mine is on the way, cause I just fucked up a stem twice in a row, so I have that much less stock left to ruin!

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Thanks again for this, Wayne.
"It is noble to be good; it is still nobler to teach others to be good - and less trouble."

Turner Pipes Website:
http://www.turnerpipes.com

Of Briar and Ashes:
http://turnerpipes.wordpress.com
e Markle

Post by e Markle »

Dear Sir,
I am in receipt of several greyish rods with your return address attached to them. I had been expecting ebonite, as that is what I ordered from you. However, this is clearly a deficient product. I first became uneasy when reading the above posts which referenced an unpleasant smell (which does NOT accompany the working of ebonite), however the situation is far worse than I had initially feared. Namely, these rods are twice as long as the rods I buy from Pipe Makers Emporium.

I have no idea how to store "ebonite" of this length. I have no idea how to cut "ebonite" of this length. I have no idea how to test the hardness of "ebonite" of this length. In short, I'm certain the length will render it completely useless. I have worked with ebonite for almost two years now, and I know what to expect of the material. This is obviously an inferior product as evidenced by the smell and unnatural length.

I will be sending these back first thing in the morning, and I await your resolution of this uncomfortable blunder. Furthermore, I feel confident that we can repair any damage to your reputation by a timely and amicable response. I look forward to receiving the shipment of REAL ebonite you had promised me in your PM of October 5th, or if you prefer, you may refund my payment in full.

Until then,
EM

PS - Thanks Wayne!

Once again, I know it's ridiculous to say, but yes, this is a joke.
RadDavis

Post by RadDavis »

Ernie,

Once again you have provered that you are a genius! I took your post so seriously, until I read your small disclaimanation at the very end.

If not for your disclaimanation, I would have thought, "What's wrong with Ernie? Has he lost his fucking mind?"

Then I got it. The joke is on me. :oops:

Rad
wdteipen

Post by wdteipen »

Dearest Ernie,

I'm so sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction with your rods. Unfortunately for you, all sales were final. Perhaps you could find another use for your rods. Maybe you could use them as curtain rods in your hillbilly shack. Or maybe you could beat your mongrel dogs with them.

Hope this helps as much as Rad's posts.

Sincerely,
Wayne
Wayne Teipen
TRS
Site Supporter

Post by TRS »

wdteipen wrote:Maybe you could use them as curtain rods in your hillbilly shack.
Ernie's more of a desertbilly. Hillbillies don't need air conditioning in their shacks.
NathanA
Site Supporter

Post by NathanA »

Got mine in the mail today. Thanks again, Wayne!
Without Wax (Sincerely),
Nathan
www.armentroutpipes.com
baweaverpipes
The Awesomer

Post by baweaverpipes »

wdteipen wrote:Dearest Ernie,Maybe you could use them as curtain rods in your hillbilly shack. Or maybe you could beat your mongrel dogs with them.
Sincerely,
Wayne
This is one of the most insulting postings I have ever read on this board.
I find it disgusting and repulsive.
To associate eRemarkable with my brethren hillbilly clan is heinous.
I believe his parents are siblings and that ain't accepted, it says so in the hillbilly code.
This is much like saying he's stupid and that would be insulting to all stupid people.

Got the rods........................THANKS!!!!
billiard

Post by billiard »

I received mine too, thank you!
wdteipen

Post by wdteipen »

Second batch of packages were mailed out on 10/28/11 so those whose payment I received after the last mailout and have yet to receive rods should watch the mail this week. Let me know when they arrive so I can check you off my list and be assured they arrived safely.

Thanks fellas,
Wayne
Wayne Teipen
Alden

Post by Alden »

Nothing here yet, dont know which group I was in.
wdteipen

Post by wdteipen »

Edward wrote:Nothing here yet, dont know which group I was in.

Yours is the only one left not to arrive from the 10/21/11 mail out so let me know when it arrives. Hopefully it will be soon. Everyone else who hasn't received theirs were mailed out on the 28th.
Wayne Teipen
nolo

Post by nolo »

Haven't received mine yet either. But, we had a big storm on Saturday and there was no postal delivery. I haven't had power since anyway.