If I were a rich man

A place for businesses to post for sale the tools necessary for pipe making.
Ray Cover

If I were a rich man

Post by Ray Cover »

Well if I can bum a buck to buy a lottery ticket I would love to get this lathe.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... &rd=1[url]

I love these old machines. This is about as sexy as a lathe can get here (well the old vilocipedes were pretty nice too). Check out those glass oilers. Someone has done a great job referbishing this old beauty. Boy wouldn't it be cool to turn stems on something like this.

I get weak in the knees just looking at her.

Well I'm off to buy a lotto ticket. :lol:

Ray
Ray Cover
School of Fine Art Engraving
staffwalker
Site Supporter

Post by staffwalker »

Wow! What a beauty. Shame it isn't somewhere closer for pick-up. The freight from NY is a killer.

bob gilbert
Ray Cover

Post by Ray Cover »

Ya its the freight that makes some of these scarry. I could probably scrape up enough to win the lathe but add freighting that kind of weight to this side of the mississippi and I'd be eating raman noodles for a long long time.

I watch ebay often trying to spot good deals close to home. Right now I am watching a nice little Hardinge cataract lathe on there that is only 20 minutes from my favorite trout stream. If I win it, picking up a lathe and a day of fishing make for a happy Ray.

Ray
Ray Cover
staffwalker
Site Supporter

Post by staffwalker »

Good luck. I think I have found a taig micro with way more attachments than I have a use for including a frogger (not sure of spelling) auto feed attachment. Also a mill attachment. I have a promise to sell it to me but as of yet have not actually had a chance to look at it. It is here in town but the guy who owns it is traveling this week. Have not yet agreed on a price but I am sure we will if it is everything he says it is.

bob gilbert
Ray Cover

Post by Ray Cover »

Good deal

I think you will be happy with the taig. It should do anything you need to do.

Ray
Ray Cover