gift from a friend

What good is a pipe without tobacco? Discuss your favorites in here.
kamkiel

gift from a friend

Post by kamkiel »

Hoping someone can help me identify the tobacco... Grown in Guizhou, China for Guiyan cigarettes. My friend gave it to me. Now I just need to figure out what to do with it.
Attachments
IMG_20150325_221233_1427292938064.jpg
(177.31 KiB) Downloaded 517 times
IMG_20150325_221415_1427292907643.jpg
(138.83 KiB) Downloaded 517 times
sandahlpipe

Re: gift from a friend

Post by sandahlpipe »

That's cool! Can't you just break it up and put it in a pipe?
---
Fail early, fail often. Your success depends on it.

Jeremiah Sandahl
http://sandahlpipe.com
kamkiel

Post by kamkiel »

I just did. It is really strong! It knocked my friend out, haha.
RDPowell

Post by RDPowell »

Put it in a Hookah man. :wink:

rdpipes.briar.club
kamkiel

Post by kamkiel »

RDPowell wrote:Put it in a Hookah man. :wink:

I think I'm going to try to make some pipe tobacco with it. Not sure how it will turn out, but hopefully the process will be fun.
RDPowell

Post by RDPowell »

Being it's so strong maybe just add a little to one of your favorite straight Virgina's, mixing about enough for a bowl and see what it's like and just keep experimenting from there. The blend may even need to age a little first before smoking. It's probably more of a condiment then anything else from the sounds of it or maybe just for making rope. :lol: Sorry, all kidding aside, I'd just experiment with it and if it doesn't pan out nothing lost nothing gained.
rdpipes.briar.club
kamkiel

Post by kamkiel »

I gonna try to stem it for X amount of hours and see if it will press into a Cavandish, and maybe attempt to add some flavor to it too. It is already getting really hot here and humidity is always pretty high. Right now the tobacco is in a plastic grocery bag. Other than just letting it sit there, I haven't got a clue how to age it. You are right though, if it turns out fine I'll keep it; if it is not fine, some of my friends might be recieving a gift.
RDPowell

Post by RDPowell »

kamkiel wrote:I gonna try to stem it for X amount of hours and see if it will press into a Cavandish, and maybe attempt to add some flavor to it too. It is already getting really hot here and humidity is always pretty high. Right now the tobacco is in a plastic grocery bag. Other than just letting it sit there, I haven't got a clue how to age it. You are right though, if it turns out fine I'll keep it; if it is not fine, some of my friends might be recieving a gift.
To age it will have to be jarred up in an air tight container so as not to loose moisture and keep it in a cool dry place out of sunlight.
You may have to add moisture if it's already too dry and that also maybe adding to it being overly strong. I'm no tobacconist or blender, just
what I've heard and experienced first hand here. Your idea may very well be good.
rdpipes.briar.club