Am I, or the 'baccy' to blame here?

What good is a pipe without tobacco? Discuss your favorites in here.
Dixie_piper

Re: Am I, or the 'baccy' to blame here?

Post by Dixie_piper »

Thanks! Oh believe you me, I intend to. I ventured inside the walk in humidor at the tobacco shop today and found probably 40+ different tobaccos, some even local blends (Gamecock game day, tiger trap, Palmetto blend, etc.) all of them jarred, but @ $1.59/oz, I can't complain.
I've been amazed at how much more enjoyable pipe smoking is with a decent blend, very happy with it though!
Another plus is that a few friends are at the same stage as myself, so we have a sort of "sampler" smoke on weekends trying one another's preferred baccy. Very interesting to say the least.
And I can honestly say without the folks here on the forum giving advice and guidance both, present and archived, I probably would've given up. Thanks to all! ;)
Regards,
Adam

Veo Vendice
&
Deum Timete
(family motto)
themathclub

Post by themathclub »

1.49 an oz?! :shock: buy a bunch, im paying 5$ an oz
Dixie_piper

Post by Dixie_piper »

I had thought about that, how the prices I'm finding are drastically lower than other places. I think it may be because most of it's coming a short distance to get here, and they buy in ridiculously huge bulk amounts (shipment came in while I was there today)
They're also trying to draw in more pipe smokers, guy working there said hardly anyone is buying "pipe products" anymore. They sell a ton of RYO cigarette goods, at least 4 out of 5 customers are there for tubes, papers, etc.
Regards,
Adam

Veo Vendice
&
Deum Timete
(family motto)
themathclub

Post by themathclub »

if your going to smoke, pipes or cigars, all the way. i bet ryo's taste better but cigs, to me, taste pretty bland. :( i want to taste finely made tobacco products, not paper and hot air. :mrgreen: i bet if we just tell our cig smoking friends out there about pipes and let them try one out, we'll have some converts. lol both my cigar smoking relatives are now pipe smokers as well. one of them even bought a corn cob :thumbsup: i've been spreadin the word.
FoxGuy

Post by FoxGuy »

Something I have noticed with my smoking style is that if you have a tobacco that is a very mild to mild and you are not getting what you want from it you puff more try a more medium tobacc the richness will cause you to slow down on your puffing and reduce the bite as well but i can make a sugestion MacBaren makes a tobacco called original choice no matter how I've smoked that one I got no bite you might try it the women like it as well
Listen.... you can't live long enough to make all your own mistakes !
Charles E. Davis
themathclub

Post by themathclub »

"the women like it as well" :thumbsup: always a good bonus +1