looking for a tobacco...

What good is a pipe without tobacco? Discuss your favorites in here.
Albert.A

looking for a tobacco...

Post by Albert.A »

that is very sweet, creamy and smooth. I don't really know how else to describe it, but I want a smooth and cream-like taste to it, one might say the exact opposite of tongue bite maybe?
I should say that I'm nowhere near an experienced pipesmoker, and my palate it not very developed yet so I can't say advanced stuff about what I'm looking for.

Right now I'm enjoying Frog morton on the town, GL Pease blackpoint, Fribourgh & Treyer special brown flake, and dunhill early morning pipe (the dunhill I havn't quite fallen for yet but I've only had a couple of bowls so...) I think frog morton is the best of the ones i mentioned, I don't know if this helps. I guess I'm looking for something sweet, smooth and creamy to break of the english once in a while (although I don't know how these english blends rank in strength and such compared to others out there).

And sorry about the very un-specific directions of what I'm looking for!

/Albert
Perfection is key, but damn near impossible to achieve!

https://www.facebook.com/albertsmokingpipes
Ocelot55

Re: looking for a tobacco...

Post by Ocelot55 »

Funny you mentioned Frog Morton on the Town as that was the one I was going to suggest. Frog Morton's Cellar is also very good, as is Sam Gawith's Perfection.
Ocyd

Post by Ocyd »

McClelland 2000 is smooth and sweet has kind of a mellow vanilla cotton candy like flavor to it I guess. It's never bitten me but I guess that can sometimes come down to body chemestry.
Ratimus

Post by Ratimus »

I have never tried it so I cannot vouch for it's quality, but Sutliff's "Molto Dolce" advertises itself to be exactly the tobacco you describe.
Ryan Richardson
R2 Pipes/Ryan's Luxury Goods

Post by Albert.A »

Ocelot55 wrote:Funny you mentioned Frog Morton on the Town as that was the one I was going to suggest.
Actually it was the frog who first made me think about wanting something like what I described, because when I first light it up, it kinda strokes the tip of my tongue with a very cool, gentle and smooth sweetness, which I like very much, so I thought "more of this please!" So I guess my description of what I want can be interpreted as "something like frog morton on the town". :)

I might just order frog cellar, McC 2000 and the sutliff molto dolce from 4noggins, It is increadible how cheap pipe tobacco is in the united states!!! :)

pipedreamer

Post by pipedreamer »

Get Frog Morton across the pond.The orientals make the smoke you set forth.Molto Dulce is good cut in half with BCA, Less sticky , hot and gooey.
andrew

Post by andrew »

McClellands Virginia woods is another good one.

andrew
Albert.A

Post by Albert.A »

thanks guys, I'll definitely look into these and see what I settle for, my problem is that I read the discripions on the tobaccos and think to myself "Mm, that sounds delicious!" on every single one. Hard to make up my mind! :)

taharris

Post by taharris »

Mac Barron Vanilla Cream Flake smoked very slowly.

Todd
calsbeek

Post by calsbeek »

McClelland's Legends
hawky454

Post by hawky454 »

I know you posted this a while back but I thought I would suggest you try out Sillem's Black. Sounds like it may be exactly what you are looking for. It's an Aro/English crossover blend and it almost tastes like sweet toasted marshmallows.

Curious if you've found what you're looking for since you first started this thread?
Go hang a salami I'm a lasagna hog.