"Spot" rustication

Sanding, rusticating, sandblasting, buffing, etc. All here.
Nick

Post by Nick »

Why not send it off to Mark Tinsky or some one to have it blasted?
Nick

Post by Nick »

Hehehe. Didn't know that. I could have swore I read somthing about Mark and his harrowing expiriences with sand blasting. Ohh well, goofy me!
ToddJohnson

Post by ToddJohnson »

Kurt Roller, Mark's former partner does the blasting. I know he used to send a few to Trever now and then too. The Paul that Random referred to in reference to Mark must be Paul Bonaquisti, but I don't think he's ever done any blasting for Mark.

Todd
marks

Post by marks »

Thanks for the thoughts!

I'll experiment with the pipe and see what develops. In all likelyhood, it will probably end up being rusticated all over, but we'll see if I can come up with anything less than a full rustication that looks attractive.
Leus

Post by Leus »

Nick wrote:Hehehe. Didn't know that. I could have swore I read somthing about Mark and his harrowing expiriences with sand blasting. Ohh well, goofy me!
Actually, he did.
Nick

Post by Nick »

I thought so!
hlp808

Post by hlp808 »

Aloha Fellas

I usually don't post to often on here, although I should. In fact I think this is going to be the first time I post something , so here I go. :D

I would have to agree with Tyler on this subject. When I first started making pipes to sale, I did a lot of spot rustication. Well after awhile I started to notice that my pipes with this type of rustication did sell as fast as my full rusticated pipes. When I ask my customer how they felt about spot rustication, they express the same thoughts as Tyler.

So now days, if there's a sand pit on the shank, then I rusticate the whole shank and leave the bowl smooth. the only time I spot rusticate is underneath the bowl. Other then that, I usually rusticate the entire pipe.

Jaden
Jeffery

Post by Jeffery »

Aloha! Jaden,

Good to see you here buddy... post often!