Need help purchasing stains

Sanding, rusticating, sandblasting, buffing, etc. All here.
stevalla

Need help purchasing stains

Post by stevalla »

I bought some small packets of powdered stain from Pimo some time ago. They are almost gone and I need a source. I want to stay with powdered stains rather than liquid. Have looke at several wood working E-tailers without success. Either they don't list any, or its water soluble, or there are 50 different stains with no color chart. Any pipemakers who might be willing to devulge their supplier, I would appreciate the help. Thanks in advance. Alan Stevenson (stevalla@charter.net)
achduliebe

Post by achduliebe »

Hey Allen,

I have a couple of suppliers book marked on my PC at work, but do not have them here at home. I will email them to you tomorrow morning at the email address provided, if that is cool with you.
-Bryan

"You should never fight, but if you have to fight...fight dirty. Kick 'em in the groin, throw a rock at 'em"

www.quinnpipes.com
hiway

Post by hiway »

Try Fiebing leather dyes. I expect that they have a website and there will definetly be some e-tailers selling these. I buy mine locally at the leather crafts supply store. Just make sure to get the ethanol based dyes, not the oil based. They are already mixed and IMO work much better than the powdered stains from PIMO.

Dave