Logo Stamps

Sanding, rusticating, sandblasting, buffing, etc. All here.
Hudson

Re: Logo Stamps

Post by Hudson »

This consumer would concur with the Armentrout choice, it just seems more pipely. And I might also humbly suggest a crisp circular logo based on the Arm and Hammer logo featuring a well muscled arm holding, well, a trout. Rainbow preferably.

Who knows how this might contribute to the development of a signature pipe shape.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

"Creativity is the residue of time wasted."

Albert Einstein, famous pipe smoker
bregolad

Post by bregolad »

I got a stamp from buckeye engraving after shopping around. It works pretty well, and was definitely the best price i could find.
There was a miscommunication with timing and customer relations, so don't be afraid to call them throughout the process and confirm things.
J&J Pipes
jnjpipes.com
SchmidtN

Post by SchmidtN »

Yerp, I got me one of them Buckeye Engraving stamps too. They did a nice job and considering it was a custom job, I think they did it purdy dang quick. Give them my SchmidtN seal of approval.
Hello, I'm #1312.
That's a really big number.
Joe Hinkle Pipes

Post by Joe Hinkle Pipes »

Can we see some pictures of the stamp in question? I'm curious to see the finished product.
SchmidtN

Post by SchmidtN »

Only if you pinkie promise not to steal my awesome untrademarked pipe brand. SchmidtN pipes, one schmoke and you'll be... SchmidtN :wink:

(pipes aren't the only thing I suck at photographing)
Hello, I'm #1312.
Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch »

You stamp "Wear Safety Glasses" on your pipes Nic?

That's fuckin' stupid, dood.

:mrgreen:
ALL YOUR PIPE ARE BELONG TO US!
Alden

Post by Alden »

Sasquatch wrote:You stamp "Wear Safety Glasses" on your pipes Nic?

That's fuckin' stupid, dood.

:mrgreen:
:D

High Performance pipes require caution..... Its something you shouldnt worry over.
Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch »

:lol: :lol:

I guess my dumb ol' regler pipes just don't need that kinda fancy treatment.
SchmidtN

Post by SchmidtN »

Yes I do, sweat and tears. Nobody ever accused me of being a clever fella.

If you can stamp metal, you can stamp a pipe.
Hello, I'm #1312.
Joe Hinkle Pipes

Post by Joe Hinkle Pipes »

That's a nice stamp. Is there a size restriction from the company, or did you just prefer a smaller stamp? I will be in the market in the near future. As soon as I decide what exactally I want want the stamp to say. My last name is fairly uncommon, but doesn't seem to fit as a company name to me.
Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch »

Big stamps are hard to apply. It's as simple as that.
SchmidtN

Post by SchmidtN »

To echo Mr. B. I picked a small stamp because it'd be cheaper and easier to apply. You can go larger if you want to. Here's Buckeye Engraving's stamp samples page for examples.

http://www.steelhandstamps.com/Stamp_Samples.html
Hello, I'm #1312.
Tyler
Site Supporter

Post by Tyler »

Plus, large stamps sort of have a jumbo crayon/Big Chief tablet feel to them. I don't like my stamp because it's too big. I figured Argendorf would have a feel for that after all these years, and I trusted him for the size. Bad move.
Growley

Post by Growley »

Tyler wrote:Plus, large stamps sort of have a jumbo crayon/Big Chief tablet feel to them. I don't like my stamp because it's too big. I figured Argendorf would have a feel for that after all these years, and I trusted him for the size. Bad move.
I ordered mine from Paul a while ago. I should have it this week. The only conversation we had about size was, I told him I made small pipes. He said he'd make it the right size....I hope he does. :shock:
Charl

Post by Charl »

Just as a btw: is it possible to cut the hardened steel of a stamp? Mine is way too long and difficult too control.
caskwith

Post by caskwith »

A dremel or small angle grinder should work to cut the stamp, just be sure to keep it cool or you risk losing the hardness.
Charl

Post by Charl »

Thanks, Chris!
andrew

Post by andrew »

My stamp lettering is a great size, but my full name (i should've just given him "moron", it would have been shorter and cheaper) was a bit too long. Now I take a deep breath and pray like mad every time I pick that stamp up, cause it's a miracle if I don't screw it up (seriously, if I stamp another pipe properly I'm calling the Vatican).
SchmidtN

Post by SchmidtN »

Not to ruin your joke, but you need three miracles to be canonized... you also have to be dead. :lol:

edit
Just wiki'ed canonization and they claim you only need two miracles... that's not how I remember it so I'm calling wiki a liar! *Waits for CPS to come and prove me wrong :lol: *
Hello, I'm #1312.
andrew

Post by andrew »

SchmidtN wrote:Not to ruin your joke, but you need three miracles to be canonized... you also have to be dead. :lol:

edit
Just wiki'ed canonization and they claim you only need two miracles... that's not how I remember it so I'm calling wiki a liar! *Waits for CPS to come and prove me wrong :lol: *
Well, I'm not ready to go yet :D and I don't think they'll canonize my stamp, so I guess I'm outa luck for now.