An alternative to sandblsting.

Sanding, rusticating, sandblasting, buffing, etc. All here.
Nick

Post by Nick »

Quickcrete glitter bongs!!! You guys are nuts!

Still, I think its an interesting idea. I bet people thought Tom Spanu was goofy for putting cork on the outside of some of his pipes. But people like 'em. I have been wanting to get one of them myself.
ToddJohnson

Post by ToddJohnson »

Nick wrote:I bet people thought Tom Spanu was goofy for putting cork on the outside of some of his pipes.
Just a guess, but I bet there are still people who think he is goofy for putting cork on the outside of his pipes . . . :D I wouldn't want to name any names of course.

Todd
WBill

Post by WBill »

I don't know if anyone has thought about buying a brass case tumbler, it is used to clean brass bullet cases. You can pick one up for less than $50.00, just fill it with sand and your in business.

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.e ... mid=317981

Bill
magruder

Post by magruder »

There are sand imprgenated paints from Ralph Lauren. in lotsa preeety colors.

I saw some hologram glitter the other day and that might connect the great concepts frm Todd and Random.

On the other hand, keep experimenting and thinking. I know that the original query was serious. (?) Advancements cannot be made using the same ideas, materials and tools.

The case tumbler would work on all exposed surfaces, so you'd have to mask the holes and edges that needed to remain precise. It would also smooth things, not make them rough, in think.
Nick

Post by Nick »

That's pretty cool Bill. I'd kind of given up on my idea because it seemed unworkable. But maybe not. It'd be interesting to see what it does to briar. From what a few folks have told me it would be more of a burnished surface than a blast. Still though, interesting. And if it didn't work, the tumbler could just go on ebay.
ArtGuy

Post by ArtGuy »

It might be interesting to rusticate a pipe and then toss it in the tumbler.