A+M Stamps

Sanding, rusticating, sandblasting, buffing, etc. All here.
Archer

Re: A+M Stamps

Post by Archer »

Maybe it should say "This IS my anger management" too!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
wdteipen

Post by wdteipen »

I stamped my first 25 pipes with simple gunsmithing letter and number stamps for identification and tracking purposes only. If I had to do it over again, I would pick something that would be easy to deny it's my stamp. :lol:
Wayne Teipen
Teipen Handmade Briar Pipes
http://www.teipenpipes.com
caskwith

Post by caskwith »

Sasquatch wrote:I'm here. I'm just shamed because Askwith has such a monster pile of stamps, and he throws 500 dollars around like it's coffee money. Probably found it in his jeans.

My stamp is gonna be "Briar Sweat and Tears You Bitch and Don't Forget It!" So far I have "B"
Haha, yeah such a big pile they only just fit into a tiny wooden box lol.

Wish I did have $500 to just drop like that, took a good few months of saving I can tell you and I am now saving for a compressor and sandblast set up of my own as well. Add to that saving for a house with the gf makes for frugal times!
Massis

Post by Massis »

I know how you feel man. We just bought a house (with a workshop hell yeah) and are in the middle of completely renovating it.

Meanwhile there's a baby on the way (due April 2012) so saving up for tools and pipemaking supplies is rather difficult...

So no stamp for me yet.
Tyler
Site Supporter

Post by Tyler »

No stamp for me yet either ...someday.
andrew

Post by andrew »

whatever my stamp is, it will be small... I hate rolling stamps on shanks. I think my stamp will be a zero. That's it, one number. Well, I guess zero isn't technically a number. I'm a little bitter right now. I just gouged a pipe last night with the number 1. Stupid stamp. :x
taharris

Post by taharris »

Just got my stamp from A&M. Nothing fancy, just a styalized version of my initials.

$65, and it came in two weeks.

I feel like a "real" pipe maker now! 8)

Todd
jogilli
Site Supporter

Post by jogilli »

There you have it Tyler... I guess you need a stamp ;-)

james
Tyler
Site Supporter

Post by Tyler »

I definitely need a stamp. A collector friend used to continually give me grief about it. He told me he wouldn't buy a pipe of mine until I quit signing them with a crayon. :lol:

My problem has been getting satisfied with what to get on the stamp. I am sacrificing workable on the altar of perfection, which is not a good thing. My sister-in-law is really good at this sort of thing and she working on a logo for me.

Soon...
caskwith

Post by caskwith »

Mine are dead simple, after all it's only there really as an Identification mark. Plus I wanted to follow the traditional English style of stamping, even though my pipes are far from traditional lol.
andrew

Post by andrew »

I know just about less than zip about stamping. What is the traditional English method?

All I can say is that I will certainly not be able to keep a stiff upper lip if I gouge another pipe.... :D
caskwith

Post by caskwith »

andrew wrote:I know just about less than zip about stamping. What is the traditional English method?

All I can say is that I will certainly not be able to keep a stiff upper lip if I gouge another pipe.... :D
By that I just mean that the font is a classic style and the stamps themselves are simple and to the point.
Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch »

Per Askwith Ad Astra

Just chuckin' that out there Chris - give it some thought. Nono - you don't owe me anything. :D
ALL YOUR PIPE ARE BELONG TO US!
d_mc

Post by d_mc »

Very happy with my A&M stamps. . .bought per recommendation from these boards (thanks!).

Yes, it was more money than I had any business spending as a beginning pipemaker.
But thinking that in 50 years, someone may be looking at my stamp and thinking "Who the hell is that?" appeals to me.

smokindawg

Post by smokindawg »

Nice stamp Mc.

I too need to pick up a stamp. I need to figure out something simple, but not so simple that people will be saying, wonder who made this pipe, I don't recognize the stamp!
Pipe Maker in the Making!