rustication and the nail tool.....

Sanding, rusticating, sandblasting, buffing, etc. All here.
timothy thorpe

rustication and the nail tool.....

Post by timothy thorpe »

hi all, I have been rusticating for years..people still want rusticated pipes even though i am trying to get away from it and stick to blasts and sometimes smooths. i have come up with what i call crater rustication.... which i like. anyways i am interested in making the nail tool to try it. my question is what kind of finish does it make? is it like a tinsky coral?

thanks
RadDavis

Re: rustication and the nail tool.....

Post by RadDavis »

Yes.

Rad
timothy thorpe

Post by timothy thorpe »

thanks rad!!!! :mrgreen:
Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch »

Sea Rocks are done that way too. Most of these tools will give you two or three different textures depending on how you apply them.

The ultra high grade crowd don't seem to look for rusticated pipes, but people request them all the time in the $100-300 range. Hell, Castello sells all kinds of 400 dollar sea rocks. But it is what it is - a way of making a plain or poorly cut chunk of briar into something a little more interesting.
ALL YOUR PIPE ARE BELONG TO US!
timothy thorpe

Post by timothy thorpe »

yeah i know about Castello prices!! for me i should be doing all three finishes, rust, blast and smooth. and yes people love rustication. i am comfortable with what i use..i was just wondering about the nail tool