rustication nail tool

Sanding, rusticating, sandblasting, buffing, etc. All here.
timothy thorpe

rustication nail tool

Post by timothy thorpe »

so after 6 years i finally made this monster.....just like the directions on pipedia. not sure how the compression fitting really works. its moves from side to side , so i injected it with liquid nails..hope that works!!!
JonBood

Re: rustication nail tool

Post by JonBood »

Have you used it?

I don't think I've seen a pipe where stated that the monster nail was the method of rustication..

Best regards, Jon
Growley

Post by Growley »

timothy thorpe wrote:so after 6 years i finally made this monster.....just like the directions on pipedia. not sure how the compression fitting really works. its moves from side to side , so i injected it with liquid nails..hope that works!!!
The compression fitting didn't work for me either.
Ocelot55

Post by Ocelot55 »

Me either. The nails just spread around and eventually pushed out. I like the liquid nails idea! :lol:
Jos

Post by Jos »

This is my nail tool:

It's all welded. Nothing moves 8) .

Jens
SchmidtN

Post by SchmidtN »

Nail Tool works fine for me...
and here's what a pipe looks like after you attack it with that tool (far right)

The bathroom sink in my Mom's front bathroom might or might not have hot water plumed to it.
Hello, I'm #1312.
That's a really big number.
Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch »

Jens, have you got a shot of the texture your tool leaves? I'm curious because I used 5 screws and have them packed into about a 8mm hole, so my diameter is way smaller and so is my number of teeth. I get a very dense texture.
ALL YOUR PIPE ARE BELONG TO US!
Jos

Post by Jos »

Sasquatch wrote:Jens, have you got a shot of the texture your tool leaves? I'm curious because I used 5 screws and have them packed into about a 8mm hole, so my diameter is way smaller and so is my number of teeth. I get a very dense texture.
Well, this, for example, has been done with that tool:

I guess the density of the structure is more dependent on how often, and with what pressure, you apply the tool, than on how many teeth it actually has.
I'm actually thinking about a smaller nail tool to work with in narrow corners, this one won't reach every point on every pipe ...

Jens