Sandblasting

Sanding, rusticating, sandblasting, buffing, etc. All here.
Joe Hinkle Pipes

Re: Sandblasting

Post by Joe Hinkle Pipes »

billiard. if you have 220 connection for a dryer, say, in your basement you could simply unplug the dryer when you want to blast and run the air through galvanized pipe to the shop. just an idea.
wisemanpipes

Post by wisemanpipes »

Just throwing this out there, Bill you obviously don't need that compressor Premal posted to get a decent blast. Im pretty sure Adam Davidson uses a 30 gallon single phase 110V compressor, and his blasts are pretty wicked. I may be wrong but that's what I gathered from his IG feed.

Some laws are ridiculous :roll:

Evan
andrew

Post by andrew »

Bill, I think you might have a little bit more leniency in the electrical department than you think. I'll check tomorrow. You forget, I work for a city on the other side of the state! Anyway, it's easy to fire up 220. I did that in my garage for my saw and other heavy wood working tools (jointers, planers and such). Anyway, I'll try and remember to ask our inspectors tomorrow.
caskwith

Post by caskwith »

Can you build yourself a little shed next to the house for the compressor and then just run a long a air line to the shop?
billiard

Post by billiard »

scotties22 wrote:Don't ya just love it?? I bet they make a lot of money off permits down at the county/city office ;)
No doubt, Everything is legal here so long as you pay up. Even the HOV lanes on the highway you can drive in solo - so long as you buy a pass!
fuchi_jeg wrote:billiard. if you have 220 connection for a dryer, say, in your basement you could simply unplug the dryer when you want to blast and run the air through galvanized pipe to the shop. just an idea.
+
caskwith wrote:Can you build yourself a little shed next to the house for the compressor and then just run a long a air line to the shop?
Thanks both, but the only electric box and 220 is in the center of the house and can't stick a compressor there. By the time I ran the 220 outside and built a shed for it I might as well go the little extra difference and run it to the shop.
wisemanpipes wrote:Just throwing this out there, Bill you obviously don't need that compressor Premal posted to get a decent blast. Im pretty sure Adam Davidson uses a 30 gallon single phase 110V compressor, and his blasts are pretty wicked. I may be wrong but that's what I gathered from his IG feed.

Some laws are ridiculous :roll:

Evan
Maybe so, I haven't a clue what Adam uses, but most of the pro's say time and again that the bigger the compressor the better and more CFM is better. So I'd rather delay and get the correct set up than hurry and get something I will be trying to change in a year or two.

andrew wrote:Bill, I think you might have a little bit more leniency in the electrical department than you think. I'll check tomorrow. You forget, I work for a city on the other side of the state! Anyway, it's easy to fire up 220. I did that in my garage for my saw and other heavy wood working tools (jointers, planers and such). Anyway, I'll try and remember to ask our inspectors tomorrow.
I'd appreciate it, thank you.

I appreciate everyone's thoughts, I'll get there eventually ;)

and Yeti, sorry about your thread! :)
socrates

Post by socrates »

Hi, I'm new here and just started browsing the site. Have made a few knives,silver jewelry and other things. I acquired a Harbor Frieght cabinet and use a contractor's compressor with great success.

Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using Tapatalk