Bowl Coatings

Sanding, rusticating, sandblasting, buffing, etc. All here.
socrates

Bowl Coatings

Post by socrates »

Ya I know, here's the old man with no skill and a ton of questions. Well here it is- I read an article and in it the author (?) mentioned sugar has a high carbon content and it makes a good bowl coating. Honey was also given a mention but no prep or application methods were given for either. Is this just an antiquated method no longer used?

Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using Tapatalk
LatakiaLover

Re: Bowl Coatings

Post by LatakiaLover »

UFOs must be real. There's no other explanation for cats.
PremalChheda

Post by PremalChheda »

Premal Chheda
http://www.chhedapipes.com - Just for fun
http://www.smokershaven.com - New & Estate Pipes
http://www.rawkrafted.com - Pipe Making Tools, Materials, & Supplies
BobR

Post by BobR »

Good articles by Greg. I've played with waterglass in the past but I'm now in the naked bowl school simply because I like all things naked. :lol: To me a pipe is more natural and raw so to speak if left alone to be what it is.

Bob
Bob
Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch »

Sugar and ash in almost any form works great, whether it's honey and cigar-droppings (Honey, this cigar is for WORK!) or charcoal and sugar mixed, applied and dried.... whatever. That touch of heat from the first smoke makes a rock hard cake instantly.

I've done molasses and pipe ash, it gives a slight molasses taste. White sugar and carbon is just vaguely sweet. Honey is nice but it's sort of sticky for ever so you have to be really diligent on the mix.
ALL YOUR PIPE ARE BELONG TO US!
socrates

Post by socrates »

BobR wrote:Good articles by Greg. I've played with waterglass in the past but I'm now in the naked bowl school simply because I like all things naked. :lol: To me a pipe is more natural and raw so to speak if left alone to be what it is.

Bob
I find the words honey and naked is something I might bring up with Mrs Socrates. LOL!

socrates

Post by socrates »

Sasquatch wrote:Sugar and ash in almost any form works great, whether it's honey and cigar-droppings (Honey, this cigar is for WORK!) or charcoal and sugar mixed, applied and dried.... whatever. That touch of heat from the first smoke makes a rock hard cake instantly.

I've done molasses and pipe ash, it gives a slight molasses taste. White sugar and carbon is just vaguely sweet. Honey is nice but it's sort of sticky for ever so you have to be really diligent on the mix.
Being diabetic I can't/shouldn't eat sugar, honey or molasses but nowhere have I read I couldn't smoke it. LOL Thanks