Cyclone blast cabinet PSI question

Sanding, rusticating, sandblasting, buffing, etc. All here.
billiard

Re: Cyclone blast cabinet PSI question

Post by billiard »

d.huber wrote:The transformation occurred after I made the pipe in my avatar.
See how you are? I don't even own an avatar!

:lol:
PremalChheda wrote:I am not sure if Rad has changed his carbide nozzle out yet, but he does make about 3 or 4 times many pipes a year than Bill and I do combined. I have had the same carbide nozzle in my system since 2008 and it is still going strong after about 500+ pipes being blasted. I think I am going to get another 500+ out of it before it has to be changed. The air jet inside the nozzle has to be changed about once every 100+ pipes. This is for siphon feed systems. For pressure feed systems you have to keep a closer watch on the hose and internals.
Thanks again Premal. That's only my 4th pipe this year but lots of time spent revamping the shop should make me faster going forward... well I've told myself that anyhow.. regardless it will be a long time before I need to worry about replacing anything :)
Albert.A

Re: Cyclone blast cabinet PSI question

Post by Albert.A »

Sasquatch wrote:Also if you only have glass in there, while it's new (sharp) it will cut but that will slowly fade, so you might want to add some other media for punch.
Hello, any suggestions on what that other media should be? I'm currently saving up the money to buy a blastcabinet (my dad already have a big compressor) that isn't terribly expensive, but I don't really know what media I should buy.

Thanks!

/Albert
Perfection is key, but damn near impossible to achieve!

https://www.facebook.com/albertsmokingpipes