New from Michigan

The place to make announcements of interest to the Forum members.
Dnemets

New from Michigan

Post by Dnemets »

Hey everyone!

My name is Dan Nemets and I've lurked around here for a couple of years now, finally got to making an account. I've been smoking pipes since '07 and I'm really passionate about hand made pipes. I own a couple Cook's, a Teipen, an Alden (another one on commission), and aspire to get many many more. I've been attending shows like Chicago and Columbus--- even Ft. Wayne when that was around--- since around the time I got started, and it's been a lot of fun. I do have some experience in the shop, and have a deep appreciation for what you guys do. Makes me want to get around to buying some tools, but I need to get a Ryan Alden setup before I can get to that point :lol: . I'd like to get as varied of a collection as I possibly can before I kick the bucket.

It'll come out in the woodwork very likely, so I'll add a footnote: I also run and manage AmericanPipeMakers.com; but that's hardly why I'm here. It's far from my intentions to spam you guys, but I would like to stay in touch with many of the makers on here that I know, and strike up some new friendships and familiarities on here as well. It's my hope to further some of the pipemaking knowledge I have so I can be better informed on some of the finer details of the craft.

Thanks to Kurt for adding me, I'm glad to be part of this community, and hope to contribute in the ways that I can.
sandahlpipe

Re: New from Michigan

Post by sandahlpipe »

Welcome, Dan! I believe we had the pleasure of meeting at Chicago this year. Nice to see you join the forum.
---
Fail early, fail often. Your success depends on it.

Jeremiah Sandahl
http://sandahlpipe.com
Nate

Post by Nate »

Hey Dan, welcome!!
Dnemets

Post by Dnemets »

Thanks guys!
pipedreamer

Post by pipedreamer »

Welcome!! :)
RobEsArt

Post by RobEsArt »

Welcome Dan!!! What part of the mitten are you in?
socrates

Post by socrates »

Welcome aboard!
Dnemets

Post by Dnemets »

Thank you everyone! Rob, I'm in Holland-- west side. I know you're down by Kalamazoo, right?

edit: Yup, it says so right by your posting. :doh: