Greetings from Ottawa, Canada

The place to make announcements of interest to the Forum members.
Sea Jay

Greetings from Ottawa, Canada

Post by Sea Jay »

Good afternoon gents!

I have been a dedicated pipe smoker since I am 23 years old. After going through major phases of aromatics, then latakias, my preferences have steadied over the last 4-5 yearstowards VA/KE/PER mixtures (flakes as much as possible).

I have been a straight pipe fanatic for the longest time. But it seems, now, over the last year 1/2 that I am indulging more frequently into half and full bent pipes. Must be age, I guess.

Last year, looking for a relaxing hobby, I have told myself "Why not try making a pipe, or two"?

I bought a basic band saw, a huge file and some equipement from Pimo. And I managed to make 2 pipes out of the ebauchons I bought.

I realized I like this very much and decided to invest more of my time and smackaroos in the process.

And, voilà! Now I am on this forum and hope to benefit from all you gents' combined experiences to be able to achieve, one of theses days, something half decent.

BTW, I may ask a lot of questions, I am fairly curious.

Cheers
Sea Jay
Happy Puffing...
Sea Jay
jogilli
Site Supporter

Re: Greetings from Ottawa, Canada

Post by jogilli »

welcome to the forum.. watch out for Sas though .. Ernie is ok, no matter what you may read here..

honestly.. read through the posts.. search.. and then ask.. a lot has already been posted..

again .. welcome

james
Ocelot55

Post by Ocelot55 »

Welcome! Ask all the questions you'd like. I'd love to see some of your work soon.
Sea Jay

Post by Sea Jay »

Thanks, guys! Will do!
Happy Puffing...
Sea Jay
Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch »

Watch out for Sas?? Luckily Sea Jay is Canadian and unlikely to form a bias on the opinion of an ignorant yankee capitalist pig.

Welcome to the board SJ. You will no doubt meet many nice folks here. I hope it happens soon.
ALL YOUR PIPE ARE BELONG TO US!