New Member from Missouri

The place to make announcements of interest to the Forum members.
Jammer

New Member from Missouri

Post by Jammer »

Hello,

After lurking the background for a while, I thought I'd finally brave the waters and log on. Now that my daughters are off to college, the desire to create has begun to creep it's way into my psyche and even though I have thousands of questions floating in my noggin, most likely I'll just peruse the search bar to find the treasures I desire. If I can not find what I need, I'll pop on and attempt to ask politely. I do not wish to be a bother and prefer musings over confrontations.

I have a background in electronics and philosophy. The clock will strike 50 for me next week and once again I will celebrate on my skateboard. Many seasons have come and gone as the Earth and I have spun around the Sun 49 times. I've watched Neil walk on the Moon, laughed at Rowan & Martin, danced the Disco Duck, flirted with girls, peddled my Schwinn, met Weird Al, planted flowers, had popcorn with Jaws, solved cases with Barnaby Jones, had broken bones, lost bar fights, witnessed the comets tail, wept at failures, cheered at victories, listen to Pink Floyd, raced the police, debated with teachers, studied ants, offered a helping hand, grabbed a helping hand, lost love ones, enjoyed the holidays, hated the holidays, built a tree house, ate wedding cake, visited the Smithsonian and most importantly, held a newborn in my hands as the center of my Universe shifted around me and placed my feet on a different path.

Someday these and other moments will become the dust of my life. However, before I go I would like to create something with my own hands as a symbolic remembrance to my father. In my youth, the two of us would spend hours lounging on big comfortable leather chairs and share fireside chats in a smoke filled library. It warms my heart to remember him smoking a pipe as he instructed me on life's lessons and also his thoughts about the nature of the Universe. It doesn't seem that long ago, just 40 short spins back... to far to reach, but in my mind I can still touch it.

I ask for patience from the members whenever I pause in my workshop journey to seek bit of guidance and wisdom from them.

Every journey begins with a first step and this is mine.

Thanks,

-Mike
Alden

Re: New Member from Missouri

Post by Alden »

With an esoteric intro like that, you need to send some answers to this viewtopic.php?f=15&t=8149&p=75112#p75112
Welcome aboard.