New

The place to make announcements of interest to the Forum members.
socrates

New

Post by socrates »

Hello, I'm new here but old. I've always been fascinated by the process and the art of making pipes. At my age I know I don't have the time left to master the knowledge never mind the art. I do however want to learn what I can in my remaining years. Thanks for having me.

Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using Tapatalk
Ocelot55

Re: New

Post by Ocelot55 »

Well that was a glum introduction. I think you've got plenty of time! Look at that Yeti guy, he's been making pipes for like..5 minutes and he thinks he's hot stuff. :wink: At your age I'm sure you've got twice as much brains he does so it shouldn't take you nearly as long to churn out some good pipes! :thumbsup:

Now that I'm done putting down Micah, welcome to the forum! I'm sure you'll enjoy your time here. :D
pipedreamer

Post by pipedreamer »

You could be 23 and get hit by a truck.As an older, years wise person, you should know what is important. and if it's pipes, then study read the Forum and start.
Make it your passion.That alone will add years to your life, and life to your years.You have the perfect place to do it.One of earths' paradises.Now get busy!
socrates

Post by socrates »

Thanks for your kind comments. I always try to jump in with both feet in anything I do. Doesn't make sense not to. I have some things working against me however, A.O.E. and it's effects. I will immerse myself in the learning of the technical side and enjoy the work and see if the artistic side appears. For me the satisfaction comes from the effort applied and if that effort results in something that pleases me then that's icing on the cake. Thanks again!

Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using Tapatalk