Well, goodbye pre-ban ivory

The place to make announcements of interest to the Forum members.
Charl

Re: Well, goodbye pre-ban ivory

Post by Charl »

Exactly. Another no-common-sense law.
Actually I think a big part of the fault is on the African countries who can't manage to lock up their poachers and get rid of the corruption going on between the poachers and those who are supposed to protect the animals.
Some truth in this, but not enough. The real problem is big guns with lots of money and not enough resources and money for the anti-poaching guys. It's just not practical to have each and every elephant (or rhino) guarded 24/7. People are starting to put micro chips into rhino horns or just cutting it off.
The problem is big and there is no easy solution. This law is not going to help, any case.
Growley

Post by Growley »

andrew wrote:Looks like pre-ban ivory is done.
Just got an email from Elephant Ivory Tusks last night.
I wonder where people will go to get ivory now that they can't get it legally? That's not a real question. Please don't answer it. I'm going to go look at the worthless ivory in my shop.
Poop.

andrew
Well, you can't "sell" Ivory, but you certainly can use it, right? I mean, you can make yourself and friends pipes with it can't ya? I had just finished a pipe with an ivory stem in it around the time this legislation came out, so I kept the pipe and smoke it often. I love looking at the ivory on my pipe!
Alden

Post by Alden »

Dear Leader has not yet written this dictate into law. As far as I know (and this is not legal advice) nothing has changed at all since last year. Pre ban ivory is still legal to buy sell and trade.
If this is written into law, my understanding is that even giving away something with ivory on it will be a crime.
socrates

Post by socrates »

I have a block of solid beautiful Mammoth ivory. I guess I will have to dig it out and put it in my safe deposit box. I have pieces of ivory I have collected over the years that will join the block.

How does paper micarta hold up on a pipe?

Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using Tapatalk