spoon-bits.com

Discussions of tools wether you bought them or made them yourself. Anything from screwdrivers to custom chucks and drilling rigs.
Dimitris

Re: spoon-bits.com

Post by Dimitris »

scotties22 wrote:
Dimitris wrote:The photo was taken a long time ago and it's actually from my tools. I've stopped selling my tools to other distributors two years ago.
That may be the case, but Steve still has some in stock or they wouldn't be listed on his website.
yeah sure... :wink:
wdteipen

Post by wdteipen »

If the bits that Steve sells (or sold) are Dimitri's bits, I have several and use them almost exclusively and have been for two or three years now. I think they perform better than any of the other spoon bits I've tried and I have several from different folks. S&D bits are still the best but no good for freehand drilling. In my experience anyway.
Wayne Teipen
Teipen Handmade Briar Pipes
http://www.teipenpipes.com
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

wdteipen wrote:If the bits that Steve sells (or sold) are Dimitri's bits, I have several and use them almost exclusively and have been for two or three years now. I think they perform better than any of the other spoon bits I've tried and I have several from different folks. S&D bits are still the best but no good for freehand drilling. In my experience anyway.
Hi, that is true, my spoon bits are made for freehand use. A tool for non-freehand drilling could have a different geometry and perform much better when our work is fixed. I do make spoon bits for non-freehand use by request occasionally.

AirrikWeaver

Post by AirrikWeaver »

ok thanks for all the information. ill have to save up a few pennies and try to order some in the next month or so.