Compressors without reservoir?

Discussions of tools wether you bought them or made them yourself. Anything from screwdrivers to custom chucks and drilling rigs.
Charl

Compressors without reservoir?

Post by Charl »

I came across an Ingersoll Rand benchtop compressor (the ones without reservoir) for really cheap.
Any idea if it will be usable for sandblasting? As things are in my shop at the moment, it seems like a cool idea to save on space.
sandahlpipe

Re: Compressors without reservoir?

Post by sandahlpipe »

I just looked up bench top compressors on aircompressorsdirect.com and there are definitely models with a high enough CFM rating. They were also twice the price of my 80 gallon compressor. So sure, I think you could do it if space were more important than money. Make sure it has around 15 CFMs at 100psi.
---
Fail early, fail often. Your success depends on it.

Jeremiah Sandahl
http://sandahlpipe.com
caskwith

Post by caskwith »

Could be done I am sure, but you will need a model that puts out sufficient air at the correct PSI and is also rated for continuous or at least a couple hours use at a time, otherwise you will quickly burn it out. Most of the direct compressors I have seen have a very short duty cycle and are designed to be used with air tools rather than sprayers/blasters.
Charl

Post by Charl »

Thanks Chris, that's useful. Seems like this one was used for a nailgun, so I figured that.
Would have been the bargain of the century if it could work though, was sold for $25!