New pin gages!

Discussions of tools wether you bought them or made them yourself. Anything from screwdrivers to custom chucks and drilling rigs.
mightysmurf8201

New pin gages!

Post by mightysmurf8201 »

Look what I scored on eBay! Listed for $80, made an offer of $55 and got it! 250 pieces, .251-.500 I love it when score these kinds of deals!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
#shellaclivesmatter

Emmanuel Atilano
https://www.instagram.com/atilanohandmade/
scotties22

Re: New pin gages!

Post by scotties22 »

They totally changed things for me when I got mine. Now I'm saving up my money to drive to Indy and steal the bigger sets that Nate has.
Am I Calamity Jane or Annie Oakley??...depends on the day.
www.ladybriar.com
LatakiaLover

Post by LatakiaLover »

scotties22 wrote:Now I'm saving up my money to drive to Indy and steal the bigger sets that Nate has.
OOooooo... this ought to be good. Scottie "Calamity Jane" Piersel vs. Sarah "You toucha my stuff, I'lla breaka you face!" BriarworksGirl.

:lol:
UFOs must be real. There's no other explanation for cats.
mightysmurf8201

LatakiaLover wrote:
scotties22 wrote:Now I'm saving up my money to drive to Indy and steal the bigger sets that Nate has.
OOooooo... this ought to be good. Scottie "Calamity Jane" Piersel vs. Sarah "You toucha my stuff, I'lla breaka you face!" BriarworksGirl.

:ROFL:
#shellaclivesmatter

Emmanuel Atilano
scotties22

Post by scotties22 »

LatakiaLover wrote:

Who do you think is letting me in when I get there??? That's my girrrrr, right there. :lol:
Am I Calamity Jane or Annie Oakley??...depends on the day.
www.ladybriar.com
wdteipen

Post by wdteipen »

$55? I think everyone else picked up the same set for around $40.

Just kidding. Nice score.
Wayne Teipen
Teipen Handmade Briar Pipes
http://www.teipenpipes.com
mightysmurf8201

wdteipen wrote:$55? I think everyone else picked up the same set for around $40.

Just kidding. Nice score.
You actually had me going for about .001 seconds, but then I remembered comparing prices. :lol:
#shellaclivesmatter

Emmanuel Atilano
Joe Hinkle Pipes

Post by Joe Hinkle Pipes »

Nice! I didn't know how valuable pin gauges were until I got my hands on some at the Briar Lab. Indispensable for touch-ups, and screw-ups.
pipedreamer

Post by pipedreamer »

Have a good time at the Briar lab Scottie.Only take what you will use!!!LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:
clickklick

Post by clickklick »

I'm still struggling to figure out HOW these are used.
Acting like a loon in the front yard, close to the road.
Massis

Post by Massis »

I had the same problem clickclick :-) But as far as I know they're chucked in your 3jaw acting as a rod on which you can slide your drilled pipe, as to reface the shank perpendicular to the mortise.

Problem I have is that I work with the metric system, like 95% of the globe, but finding these sets with metric markings for a good price seems impossible... Offcourse the sizes in inch will be just as useable (since there's so many of them with such a small difference), but it's not really practical :-)
wdteipen

Post by wdteipen »

Yeah, doesn't matter at all whether they are metric or US. They will work the same for either.
Wayne Teipen
Teipen Handmade Briar Pipes
http://www.teipenpipes.com
caskwith

Post by caskwith »

Massis wrote:I had the same problem clickclick :-) But as far as I know they're chucked in your 3jaw acting as a rod on which you can slide your drilled pipe, as to reface the shank perpendicular to the mortise.

Problem I have is that I work with the metric system, like 95% of the globe, but finding these sets with metric markings for a good price seems impossible... Offcourse the sizes in inch will be just as useable (since there's so many of them with such a small difference), but it's not really practical :-)

Standardise your sizes and then just order the pin gauges you need. Though personally I don't them at all, for the jobs that require a pin gauge (mostly bamboo work) I just ordered some drill blanks which are ground hardened rod in a good range of sizes.