Best VFD source

Discussions of tools wether you bought them or made them yourself. Anything from screwdrivers to custom chucks and drilling rigs.
wdteipen

Best VFD source

Post by wdteipen »

Anyone have suggestions on a good place to get a good deal on a 1 HP VFD 110v in 230v out? I checked E-bay and didn't see much.
JHowell

Post by JHowell »

This outfit seems pretty well regarded, I've seen a number of recommendations for their GS1 line.

http://web4.automationdirect.com/adc/Sh ... /AC_Drives

The two VFDs I have are ACTech and I like them a lot, but they're a little more expensive, I'll probably try Automation Direct for the next one.
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

Wow. 120V in and 3PH230V out for $125? That's a very reasonable price.
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com
Frank

Post by Frank »

KurtHuhn wrote:Wow. 120V in and 3PH230V out for $125? That's a very reasonable price.
Hell, that is a good price. Probably cheaper than DC control.
Regards,
Frank.
------------------
Grouch Happens!
People usually get the gods they deserve - Terry Pratchett
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

I have a couple that I stole off of eBay - a digital that cost me $80 and an analog that cost my $70. Both are brand new, but it took me serious time to find them. That said, the analog has a $250 retail price, and the digital $550. Both are current products on grainger.com.

I have to rig a hall-effect sensor for the digital control though. It won't function without a feedback sensor. Luckily, I can make one with about $20 in parts from mouser.com, and avoid paying $100+ for the official Dart Controls one.
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com
Frank

Post by Frank »

KurtHuhn wrote:I have a couple that I stole off of eBay - a digital that cost me $80 and an analog that cost my $70. Both are brand new, but it took me serious time to find them. That said, the analog has a $250 retail price, and the digital $550. Both are current products on grainger.com.
Bloody hell! :shock: Damn good deal, man. My cheapskate soul is proud of you. :rockon:
Regards,
Frank.
------------------
Grouch Happens!
People usually get the gods they deserve - Terry Pratchett