Blasting unit up and running!

Discussions of tools wether you bought them or made them yourself. Anything from screwdrivers to custom chucks and drilling rigs.
maddis

Blasting unit up and running!

Post by maddis »

Just sharing a bit of success. I spent the weekend planing my shop door so I could close it (thank you countless New England freeze/thaw cycles) and waiting for a no-show electrician to wire my compressor. Eventually, with the encouragement of a couple of friends, I undertook wiring it myself. It was far simpler than I realized, and yes I shut off the mains before I started! I had a little glitch with the auto-shut off switch not being seated properly so the compressor kept running beyond 175 PSI until the safety valve kicked in. Once that was fixed everything was smooth sailing. A note of thanks to Premal Chheda and Abe Herbaugh for all the consultation.
wisemanpipes

Re: Blasting unit up and running!

Post by wisemanpipes »

maddis wrote:Just sharing a bit of success. I spent the weekend planing my shop door so I could close it (thank you countless New England freeze/thaw cycles) and waiting for a no-show electrician to wire my compressor. Eventually, with the encouragement of a couple of friends, I undertook wiring it myself. It was far simpler than I realized, and yes I shut off the mains before I started! I had a little glitch with the auto-shut off switch not being seated properly so the compressor kept running beyond 175 PSI until the safety valve kicked in. Once that was fixed everything was smooth sailing. A note of thanks to Premal Chheda and Abe Herbaugh for all the consultation.
congrats man! now lets see some blasts!
maddis

Post by maddis »

wisemanpipes wrote:
maddis wrote:Just sharing a bit of success. I spent the weekend planing my shop door so I could close it (thank you countless New England freeze/thaw cycles) and waiting for a no-show electrician to wire my compressor. Eventually, with the encouragement of a couple of friends, I undertook wiring it myself. It was far simpler than I realized, and yes I shut off the mains before I started! I had a little glitch with the auto-shut off switch not being seated properly so the compressor kept running beyond 175 PSI until the safety valve kicked in. Once that was fixed everything was smooth sailing. A note of thanks to Premal Chheda and Abe Herbaugh for all the consultation.
congrats man! now lets see some blasts!
Will do. Still tinkering with nozzles and pressure settings...
Charl

Post by Charl »

I'm envious..
pipeguy

Post by pipeguy »

Charl don't you get a couple hundred Zulus and have them blast your pipes? That could be a scary process :evil:
"I never knew how empty was my soul untill it was filled" Arthur
http://www.clarkpipes.com
Tyler
Site Supporter

Post by Tyler »

Cool! Have fun.
Charl

Post by Charl »

Charl don't you get a couple hundred Zulus and have them blast your pipes?
No, I've trained the vervet monkeys to spit maroela pips.
pipedreamer

Post by pipedreamer »

Wish I had one.
pipeguy

Post by pipeguy »

Berger monkeys? No you don't leave that to Charl he's a professional
"I never knew how empty was my soul untill it was filled" Arthur
http://www.clarkpipes.com