Ricon Mini Lathe on sale

Discussions of tools wether you bought them or made them yourself. Anything from screwdrivers to custom chucks and drilling rigs.
DeflictedPipes

Ricon Mini Lathe on sale

Post by DeflictedPipes »

Sorry if this shouldn't be posted here. I just grabbed one of these at $100 off and it seemed like a pretty good deal.
http://www.highlandwoodworking.com/riko ... lathe.aspx

Edit: I should have added that the sale price is $300.
Mike
Joe Hinkle Pipes

Re: Ricon Mini Lathe on sale

Post by Joe Hinkle Pipes »

thats not a bad little lathe. It is the same lathe I have, although it is private labeled for Craftsman. I Chose it because the morse taper is the same on the headstock and tailstock. It's nice to be able to use the drill chuck on either end of the lathe. Congrats!
DeflictedPipes

Post by DeflictedPipes »

Solomon_pipes wrote:thats not a bad little lathe. It is the same lathe I have, although it is private labeled for Craftsman. I Chose it because the morse taper is the same on the headstock and tailstock. It's nice to be able to use the drill chuck on either end of the lathe. Congrats!
Thanks! It's good to hear that it's a decent lathe, the price sure was great. I was a little unprepared for the additional tooling cost, but what's life without surprises? :D
Mike
wmolaw

Post by wmolaw »

I have pretty much the same lather, though mine has a variable speed within belt changes. It's nice, works great, though I am by no means an expert.

Do you live in Atlanta? Highlands Woodworking is a great store! Worth a visit, even if you're not buying.
scotties22

Post by scotties22 »

wmolaw wrote:I have pretty much the same lather, though mine has a variable speed within belt changes. It's nice, works great, though I am by no means an expert.

Do you live in Atlanta? Highlands Woodworking is a great store! Worth a visit, even if you're not buying.

I have the same lathe. Bought it from Highland too. This one is a bit different, but still great for the money.
Am I Calamity Jane or Annie Oakley??...depends on the day.
www.ladybriar.com