Emco Lathe for Sale

Discussions of tools wether you bought them or made them yourself. Anything from screwdrivers to custom chucks and drilling rigs.
Red

Emco Lathe for Sale

Post by Red »

Just wanted to give you folks a heads-up....there's an Emco Compact 8 lathe for sale on Ebay right now for a "buy it now" price of $550. I have one of these (without the cabinet) that I would not sell for less than $1,500. I use it for stem work primarily, but it's big enough to turn stummels - I've turned a bunch of them on it before I got a 10" that I use now. This is a high quality Austrian made machine, and if it is in good condition and runs well, is a steal at that price. Mine is very accurate and tight.
I didn't really scrutinize the listing, but I don't recall seeing a 4-jaw chuck. I got a Thai aftermarket chuck for mine - about $275 as I recall. Also does not have a quick change toolpost or change gears = I got both of those as aftermarket items too.
If any of you has an interest, I'll be glad to "advise" or answer any questions I can.
Red

Re: Emco Lathe for Sale

Post by Red »

Oops - he just took the price up to $770. Maybe he read my post here..... :? Still not a bad deal, but maybe no longer a "steal" considering you'ld need to get some tooling.
Nate

Post by Nate »

That's sweet, Emco lathes are great!
Red

Post by Red »

I agree, Nate. I've had two of them, and also have an FB2 mill. My latest lathe is a 10" Wabeco (made by Prazi). It's very similar to a larger Emco, but has a variable speed motor - plenty of weight and torque.
W.Pastuch

Post by W.Pastuch »

Red wrote:I agree, Nate. I've had two of them, and also have an FB2 mill. My latest lathe is a 10" Wabeco (made by Prazi). It's very similar to a larger Emco, but has a variable speed motor - plenty of weight and torque.
After I read your post I googled what the FB2 mill is... Holy crap that's sweet! A small, heavily built and precise mill. I. Want. One.
Red

Post by Red »

Yes, it is a really nice machine. I don't use it much, though, so I just listed it for sale on the local Dallas/Ft. Worth Craigslist. I may kick myself later, but right now I'm completely out of space, and I still need to get a blasting setup. Oh well...
BobR

Post by BobR »

The auction was cancelled by the seller.

"This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available."

He probably figured out what it's worth or somebody bought it from him outside of eBay. If he finds someone to buy it from him on Craig's list etc, is that a violation of eBay policy? Once listed can you still just sell it and cancel the auction? Just wondering...
Bob
caskwith

Post by caskwith »

For certain items, cars particularly, you are allowed to list elsewhere.
Arvacon

Post by Arvacon »

If I remember well, you can unlist an item only if it has zero bids. After a bid been placed, you can't go back.

Sent from my idog touch, using my cat-talk.