Chicago show

Discussions about pipe shows, pipe seminars, tobacco shows, trade shows, etc. All sizes, shapes, and countries.
notow1

Chicago show

Post by notow1 »

I have asked a couple of people about the show but I am not sure I understand the schedule and admission fees. I thought the show was opened to the general public on Saturday and Sunday with an admission fee, so what about Thursday and Friday? If someone isn't a world famous pipe maker can They go and observe, maybe get some advice, and get to know some of the world famous pipe makers? Do People buy and sell pipes Thursday through Sunday and if You don't have a table are sales forbidden? Any information and advice is appreciated, thanks, Norm.
sandahlpipe

Re: Chicago show

Post by sandahlpipe »

I understand some folks don't even go to the show floor and just hang out in the smoking tent. There's no cost for anything except the show itself which is Saturday and Sunday. You can bring pipes along to show and don't have to pay unless you want a table in the show. I did that last year and didn't get chased away, though I got my money's worth of critique from pipe makers and collectors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
---
Fail early, fail often. Your success depends on it.

Jeremiah Sandahl
http://sandahlpipe.com
WCannoy

Post by WCannoy »

Norm, the Mega Center, the giant room where the official "show" takes place on Saturday and Sunday requires a $10 fee that will get you in for both days. Outside of that, there is a TON of things to see and do, yes even on Thursday and Friday. You'll wish the days were longer!

I, for one, would love to see you there and I hope you'll make it a point to find me if you go! :D
BobR

Post by BobR »

Is there/should there be a PMF meet up in the smoking tent on Saturday? Pipesmagazine & smokers forum do it and have reserved tables.

Bob
Bob
Tyler
Site Supporter

Chicago show

Post by Tyler »

We've done similar in the past Bob, good idea. I didn't know about reserving smoking tent tables. Anyone know how to do that?
BobR

Post by BobR »

I'll check with Craig Cobine and see what times are available and how the whole thing works. I assume most of you will be selling pipes so what time do you prefer?
Bob
LatakiaLover

Post by LatakiaLover »

Tyler wrote:We've done similar in the past Bob, good idea. I didn't know about reserving smoking tent tables. Anyone know how to do that?
There is certainly no shortage of tables. I'm pretty sure that nothing official is required. Just decide a day and time, announce it here, and plop a large-ish tent card that says "PMF" in the middle of an empty table. Follow up with a text sent a couple hours before the time, maybe.

I imagine getting Craig involved is only necessary if you want the meet-up included on the daily handout sheets.
UFOs must be real. There's no other explanation for cats.