New pipe from a starving artist

Got a pipe you want to offer for sale? Post it here. This is not meant to be an eBay replacement or a full-blown retail outlet and there are no limits for now, but please be kind to the host. Please note, this is not for showing off your pipes and getting critique - so only post pipes here that you think are ready for sale.
Joe Hinkle Pipes

Re: New pipe from a starving artist

Post by Joe Hinkle Pipes »

I didn't mean for this to be A thread where we bash a guy who can't defend himself. I apologize to Mike for that. ( I know for a fact he will see this. ) I check out everyone's for sale page good, bad, or ugly. If i had come across a $15000 pipe on any of your websites I would have had the same reaction. No matter who you are I wish the best of luck to every person who has a passion for making pipes weather they offer them for sale or make them for their own personal amusement. I know there are a lot of jokes made on the forum. (i post a lot of poor jokes myself) but i truly believe that they are all made in fun, not In a hurtful or slanderous way. This is a great community and I am proud to be A member! Now lets go make some pipes!
Massis

Post by Massis »

KurtHuhn wrote:
Tyler wrote:C'mon guys, no sense piling on a guy who isn't here to defend himself.

I get it, he asks for it. Still.
He apparently is still here. I thought I nuked that account, but somehow it remains.

While I am not a fan of insult, I think it is important from time to time to show the folly of others as a learning experience. Unfortunately, when that happens, it always seems to be a unique handful of individuals that are used as the example...
Yep, I did actually get a PM after my post :-) not really antagonistic though...

Couldn't you just ban him by e-mail address through the admin panel? That's what I usually do on the Dutch pipesmokers forum...
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

I'm trying to think back what I did. I think I revoked his posting privileges, but allowed the account to remain. And apparently allowed PM privileges as well, if my inbox in any indication.
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com
Nate

Post by Nate »

Yeah, I have gotten PMs as well.
wmolaw

Post by wmolaw »

I got one as well, though it was not nasty or mean. It was fine, polite and non confrontational. No issues with him here, none at all.
Alden

Post by Alden »

Come on, bring back the Messer. I miss the little guy !
Maybe he can promise to play nice.
baweaverpipes
The Awesomer

Post by baweaverpipes »

KurtHuhn wrote:I'm trying to think back what I did. I think I revoked his posting privileges, but allowed the account to remain. And apparently allowed PM privileges as well, if my inbox in any indication.
I don't know why he was kicked off.
I believe he's valued here as he keeps things interesting and thought provoking.
I vote for him to have full access and privileges!
Joe Hinkle Pipes

Bruce forgot to mention that he also came all the way down from Edmonton Canada to lead the new York rangers to their first Stanley cup in over 50 years. Lets bring him back Thank you mark messier.
Alden

Post by Alden »

baweaverpipes wrote:
KurtHuhn wrote:I'm trying to think back what I did. I think I revoked his posting privileges, but allowed the account to remain. And apparently allowed PM privileges as well, if my inbox in any indication.
I believe he's valued here as he keeps things interesting and thought provoking.

And then we can talk about him directly, so as to keep Tyler happy.
d.huber

Post by d.huber »

Alden wrote:
baweaverpipes wrote:

And then we can talk about him directly, so as to keep Tyler happy.
Is it just me or does anyone else feel like they're eavesdropping on a bunch of cats who plan to invite a mouse over for tea?
http://www.dshpipes.com

"Strive for excellence, not for what someone else accepts."
-Tyler Beard
SchmidtN

Post by SchmidtN »

fuchi_jeg wrote:Bruce forgot to mention that he also came all the way down from Edmonton Canada to lead the new York rangers to their first Stanley cup in over 50 years. Lets bring him back Thank you mark messier.
This isn't 1994...
(humbly from a long time LA Kings fan)
Hello, I'm #1312.
That's a really big number.
d.huber

Post by d.huber »

UberHuberMan wrote:Is it just me or does anyone else feel like they're eavesdropping on a bunch of cats who plan to invite a mouse over for tea?
I mean that would be hilarious, but still.

-Tyler Beard
SimeonTurner
Site Supporter

Post by SimeonTurner »

baweaverpipes wrote:

I believe Bruce has been smoking a bit of whatever MM has been smoking...or maybe old age finally kicked in. :P
"It is noble to be good; it is still nobler to teach others to be good - and less trouble."

Turner Pipes Website:
http://www.turnerpipes.com

Of Briar and Ashes:
http://turnerpipes.wordpress.com
Alden

Post by Alden »

SimeonTurner wrote:
baweaverpipes wrote:

I believe Bruce has been smoking a bit of whatever MM has been smoking...or maybe old age finally kicked in. :P

Seriously, every village needs an idiot. And a whipping boy. And a buffoon for to make us laugh. Mike is all 3 in one.
Joe Hinkle Pipes

Schmidtn
I realize it isn't 1994. We are also talking about mike messer, not mark messier but I wouldn't miss an opportunity to slip some hockey into a pipe forum conversation. BTW is that Dustin brown hoisting the cup? I smell a Canadian victory next season. Oilers or Canucks.
SchmidtN

Post by SchmidtN »

The 1994 jab was a joke... somebody had a sign at a Devils/Rangers game that said, "IT'S NOT 1994." Actually, there's a quick glimpse of Mark right after the sign.

You can see it @3:06 of this video right here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwkDjipv ... re=mh_lolz

Yerp, I know who both Mike Messer and Mark Messier are, but thanks for the heads up.

That's Rob Scuderi with The Cup, Brownie is the captain and gets a fancy C on his jersey. Canada very well might win The Cup next year, now that The Kings have won, the Canadian's curse (that apparently effected all of Canada) of 93 should be lifted. But since my favorite team has recently won The Cup, I'm going to act like I feel some sort of entitlement and say they'll repeat. But seriously, they have the EXACT SAME TEAM for next year... everybody up for UFA or RFA resigned. Expectations are high.
Hello, I'm #1312.
That's a really big number.
OregonCustom

New pipe from a starving artist

Post by OregonCustom »

Is it just me or does anyone else feel like they're eavesdropping on a bunch of cats who plan to invite a mouse over for tea?[/quote]

I find it quite entertaining.

As a fellow artist I understand his marketing methods, but his pricing leaves NO market. I'm trying to figure out what tree hugging art collect would pay his prices. The sad thing is 95% of artists are so full of themselves they make you want to punch them.

Artist. art-tist
noun
1. see narcissism.
Not sure I want my hobby to turn into my job largely because I grow to hate my job....
d.huber

Post by d.huber »

OregonCustom wrote:
UberHuberMan wrote:Is it just me or does anyone else feel like they're eavesdropping on a bunch of cats who plan to invite a mouse over for tea?
I find it quite entertaining.

As a fellow artist I understand his marketing methods, but his pricing leaves NO market. I'm trying to figure out what tree hugging art collect would pay his prices. The sad thing is 95% of artists are so full of themselves they make you want to punch them.

Artist. art-tist
noun
1. see narcissism.
LOL! I mean, who doesn't love attention? *innocent face*

-Tyler Beard
Leus

Post by Leus »

I think Mike's pipes are well done from a craftsmanship point of view. I don't doubt its engineering is flawless, sanded all the way up to 1000's, and finished properly. But they still look amateurish*, and I wonder, what's the reasoning behind those prices?

*: It takes one to know one.
Matin Vlasák

Post by Matin Vlasák »

Solomon_pipes wrote:http://handmade-briar-usa.com/stories/F ... tory-8.htm

We could Really help mike out if say 15 of us went in together and purchased this pipe. I'm willing to offer up $1000 of my own cash if you guys are willing to do the same. What do you say? Kurt? Rad? Todd? Trevor? Let's give back to a guy that gave us so much...

Sorry, this gentleman know, but I would like pipes ashamed to sell for $ 150. This is lunatic ...