The Smoking Yeti

Tell us who you are.
The Smoking Yeti

The Smoking Yeti

Post by The Smoking Yeti »

Years a pipe smoker: 4
How you got into pipe making: My dad was a long-time pipe smoker, when I was seventeen my brother and I decided to make him a pipe for Christmas. Things snowballed, and now I'm a full-time pipemaker.
Other interesting facts: I've been married almost a year, love backpacking, photography, and good beer and scotch.
My pipemaking stream of conscience/ website:

http://yetipipe.tumblr.com/
mredmond
Site Supporter

Re: The Smoking Yeti

Post by mredmond »

You are also a criminal. Smoking at 17! Kids these days...
The Smoking Yeti

Post by The Smoking Yeti »

Pbbt.
My pipemaking stream of conscience/ website:

http://yetipipe.tumblr.com/
sakrin

Post by sakrin »

mredmond wrote:You are also a criminal. Smoking at 17! Kids these days...
Actually that is a misconception, because tobacco laws forbid selling tobacco products to minors, not actually forbidding smoking to them. As it is with alcohol, its not allowed to sell or serve it to them, but that does not mean that they can not drink beer. Its the same with narcotics, no law forbids usage, just production and selling. Kind of contradiction there, but what the hell.
Europe's nastiest sock puppet, i even got teeth and claws LoL
mcgregorpipes

Post by mcgregorpipes »

sakrin wrote:
mredmond wrote:You are also a criminal. Smoking at 17! Kids these days...
Actually that is a misconception, because tobacco laws forbid selling tobacco products to minors, not actually forbidding smoking to them. As it is with alcohol, its not allowed to sell or serve it to them, but that does not mean that they can not drink beer. Its the same with narcotics, no law forbids usage, just production and selling. Kind of contradiction there, but what the hell.
and a minor can walk into the grocery store and buy a mr beer kit. wait did you say narcotics are legal so long as you didn't buy them?
mredmond
Site Supporter

Post by mredmond »

Yeah, I know, and I wouldn't begrudge a young man a smoke. I was just ribbing Micah a little.
TRS
Site Supporter

Post by TRS »

sakrin wrote: no law forbids usage, just production and selling. Kind of contradiction there, but what the hell.
Most states have laws against minors in possession of tobacco; I believe all states forbid minors to possess alcohol, even "internal possession".