KLuke

Tell us who you are.
Kluke

KLuke

Post by Kluke »

Years a Pipe Smoker: 3

How I got into pipe making: Officially I haven't started anything yet, but this summer I plan on making my first pipe. How did my interest begin? Well, I have always had a curiosity surrounding tobacco, and when I get into something I really like to learn all I can about it. When I began pipe smoking I didn't know jack, but through a little enthusiasm from my uncle and the internet I began to open the door to all the different blends, how to pack a pipe, how to smoke a pipe, the basics. After about two years of that I began to get curious about how pipes are made. So naturally I began to look it up. After a little research I found that you can order a pre-made pipe, and all you have to do is sculpt it to your liking. I figured that would be a good place to start, but I don't know too much about woodworking, so I figured I would begin researching that sort of thing now. I guess really I've also had a curiosity about these kinds of things, and I think it would be a cool hobby to have. So, here I am.

Other interesting facts: I'm a suburban boy who's live in Laurel, MD most of my life. I went to college for a year and then dropped out to reconsider my direction. I was studying history with no intent of teaching and a fallen away dream of going the ROTC route. After dropping out I moved down to Southern Maryland and lived on a farm while working a landscaping job. Through a lot of discernment and prayer I felt called to enter seminary for the Arch Diocese of Washington. Right now I live and study in Washington, D.C. at Saint John Paul II Seminary and attend Catholic University of America, where I study philosophy. If I become a priest or not I think pipe making is a cool hobby to pursue and hope to learn a lot about it from here! Whether or not I discern that I am called to priesthood I plan of pursuing this hobby and look forward to learning all that I can on here.
pipedreamer

Re: KLuke

Post by pipedreamer »

Nature makes the briar, the Pipe maker the pipe. With God in the details…….Welcome to the Forum, you will find pipes and pipe making Great for times of reflection. :D